We all desire to have whitening skin with no dark spots or scars. And to achieve this, you don’t have to opt for pricey creams. Instead, use sesame oil for skin lightening.
Extracted from sesame seeds, remarkable nutrients in sesame oil are discussed by Ancient Indians. Packed with antioxidants, vitamin A, E and fatty acids, sesame oil is prominent in Ayurveda.
Topical application will help to fight free radicals, to get rid of dry skin, to lighten dark spots and to reduce aging wrinkles.
Though cosmetic industries include this oil to their beauty creams, they prefer to incorporate refined ingredients which make the cream less beneficial than natural remedies.
What Causes Hyperpigmentation & Dark Spots?
Melanin is the responsible pigment that gives your skin its color. Food you eat, external and internal factor influence melanin production.
For instance, excess exposure to sunlight, repeated application of chemical filled creams, skin ailments and your diet results in dark complexion.
Due to increasing levels of pollution and excess exposure to UV rays your skin becomes dark. You might find face wash creams helpful, but some of them might reap natural moisture from the skin. Topically applying sesame oil for skin whitening can be more effective with no side-effects.
Recommended: Saffron face pack for skin whitening
Does Sesame Oil Lighten Skin
- Improves circulation: Assorted nutrients residing in sesame oil penetrates into deeper layers of the skin due to its viscosity. Where the nutrients improve blood circulation and make the outer layer of the skin smooth.
- Hydrates your skin: Palmitic, linoleic and stearic acids packed in sesame oil can effectively moisturize your dry skin.
- Natural sunscreen: Vitamin C and E packed in this oil guards your skin from UV rays and stimulate healthy functioning of your skin.
- Reduce wrinkles: Vitamin A and E exhibits antioxidant activity, which thwart free radicals and improves skin’s elasticity that aids in reducing wrinkles.
- Repairs your damaged skin: Nutrients packed in this innate ingredient penetrate deep into your skin and stimulate cell regeneration.
- Cleanse your skin: Exfoliating ability of the oil help to remove dead cells, impurities and excess oil from the skin.
- Treats Acne: Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory property residing in sesame oil can effectively reduce acne blemishes.
- Treat skin disease: Packed with antioxidants and antibacterial properties, sesame oil restrain bacterial infection and fasten the healing process. Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce acne inflammation.
Topically apply this herb oil to improve your overall skin texture and make it supple. It also wipes out the impurities accumulated over the skin, resulting in clear and whitening skin.
Also read: Potato face pack for skin whitening
How to Use Sesame Oil for Skin Lightening?
You can get sesame oil from a local store, wash the affected area initially and pat dry. Now, massage this Ayurvedic oil evenly over the face and around the neck. Leave it to get absorbed, best time is to apply at night before going to bed.
#1 Sesame Oil and Rice Flour
Packed with skin whitening abilities, rice flour face mask removes excess oil from the skin. Vitamins in it promote formation of collagen and elastin. Tyrosinase compound present in rice flour regulates production of melanin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of rice flour with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Apply the mask evenly and leave it to dry naturally.
- Rinse it off after 15-20 minutes.
#2 Brown Sugar, Sesame Oil and Eucalyptus Oil
Known for its exfoliating ability, brown sugar helps to cleanse impurities and dead cells.
Antiseptic, antibacterial and hydrating ability packed in eucalyptus oil improve skin texture and make it supple.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and 15 drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Cleanse your face to remove impurities.
- Apply the mixed mask evenly and leave it to dry naturally.
Sesame oil can be applied throughout the body and face to protect it from UV rays. It will protect you from impurities and aging wrinkles or fine lines.
#3 Apple Cider Vinegar and Sesame Oil
Glycol packed in vinegar help to clear your skin from impurities. Acidic ability helps to exfoliate your skin and retain its natural tone. Regular application will lighten the appearance of dark spots and get rid of hyperpigmentation.
- Mix 5-6 tbsp of sesame oil with 4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp of water.
- After stirring thoroughly, massage the lotion on face before going to bed.
- Rinse it off in the morning.
Regular use of sesame oil will cleanse impurities and dirt off the face. Experts recommend buying organic sesame oil for skin lightening, as refined oil has fewer nutrients.
#4 Sesame Oil Face Mask
Instead of mixing other natural ingredients, you can just apply this innate ingredient directly over the face.
Prepare your face by washing it with water and pat dry with clean water.
Take 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and gently massage on the face in circular motion. Allow it to dry naturally.
Repeat the process twice in week.
#5 Turmeric and Sesame Oil
Turmeric powder is extensively used for culinary purposes. It’s also known for its cosmetic benefits. Bleaching, cleansing, antibacterial and antiseptic ability properties of this spice improve your skin tone and texture.
- Mix 8 tablespoons of turmeric powder with 5 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Apply this smooth mask on your face using clean fingers.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
Also read: How to Use Turmeric for Skin Whitening?
Depending on your skin type, choose any one remedy and stick to it for few months.
Ingredients that trigger irritation must be avoided.
Drink enough water and ingest water rich diet to hydrate your skin internally.
Moisturizing is one of the best ways to protect your skin from skin ailments and to obtain flawless skin.
Did you ever use sesame oil to lighten skin? Share your recipe in comments.
Image source: 1