The yellow-colored liquid which is extracted from Aloe vera can do wonders when you consume it with any citrus juice.
Since 600 years, this short stemmed plant has been used for healing. Though there are no more scientific evidence to back the benefits of aloe vera for skin, cosmetic industries includes aloe gel to their products, claiming that it soothes, moisturizers and heals skin. Aloe vera gel has been an ingredient in many cosmetic products, including tissues, makeup, moisturizers, soaps and shampoos.
Aloe vera is packed with nutritional, antiseptic and antioxidant properties; this helps to destroy fungus, virus and infection causing bacteria. There are long list of diseases which can be cured by treating with aloe vera, which include eczema, psoriasis, skin ulcers, diabetes, blisters and so on.
Not just its gel, but aloe vera juice for skin has abundant identical benefits.
With all the benefits and uses of aloe vera juice for skin unfortunately there are side-effects of consuming excessively. So, don’t miss the last section about over-use and procedure to consume aloe vera.
34 Benefits of Aloe Vera for Skin
Aloe vera for eczema
Reduces eczema flare-ups – apply aloe gel on eczema affected skin directly twice a day and rinse with cold water.
Aloe vera for dry skin
Aloe vera for wrinkles
Aloe is a good anti-aging remedy, also rejuvenates skin making your skin glow.
Enhances fast healing process
A great healing remedy, mostly used for skin burns, allergies, cuts, insect bites and injuries.
Aloe vera gel for acne
Topical application protects you from UV rays
Applying aloe vera gel regularly on face and hands can protect you from harmful UV rays. With this you can save yourself from pricey sunscreen products.
Aloe vera for herpes
Herpes can be reduced by applying aloe gel on wounds. Herpes a viral infection effecting face, mouth and genitals. Resembles like small wounds filled with fluid.
Aloe vera unclog pores
Afraid of hanging out with friends because of pimples? Get aloe vera and extract its gel to apply the lotion on your pores.
Prevents skin pigmentation
Helps remove pigmentation and dark spots on skin.
Aloe vera for for Psoriasis
This is a chronic skin disease that can be treated or reduced by applying aloe gel on flare-ups. It reduces itching instantly.
As a body massage
A body massage, mix 1 tbsp of aloe gel, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 2 tbsp of brown sugar, now apply it all over the body for an Eco-friendly massage. It exfoliates dead cells.
Fed up with stretch marks?
Reduces tissue damage from frostbite. Frostbite is a medical condition caused due to freezing; it damages parts away from heart.
You’ll know benefits of aloe vera for skin when you use it. You can either get a raw aloe leaf or rush to near-by store to pick aloe vera gel.
Aloe Vera Benefits for Health
- Asthma patients boil aloe vera leaves and breathe in its vapor to alleviate asthma.
- Lower your blood sugar level by consuming aloe vera juice with any citrus juice. Blend aloe gel with any citrus juice and consume it.
- Get rid of joint and muscle pain by applying aloe gel on affected part.
- Lose weight with regular consumption of aloe vera juice, it helps to burn fat.
- Drinking aloe vera juice will relieve you from indigestion, stomach ulcers, heartburn, urinary infections and colitis.
- Vaginal irritation is very comfortable and most of the times look awkward to scratch in public places, you can treat this aloe vera gel.
- Aloe is rich in magnesium lactate which helps to helps to get rid of sinus problem.
- Wash off eye makeup with aloe vera and water mix, you can also add boric acid.
- Aloe vera works great for painful gums, directly apply aloe on gums.
- Detoxifying agent.
- Improves circulation by reducing cholesterol and wiping toxins.
- On the while boost immune system.
- Can cure or prevent few cancer tumors.
- Aloe is a cellular regenerator.
- With its anti-inflammatory properties it can save you from inflammation by arresting it.
- Aloe vera is an alkaline in nature, which is good for your body as body needs 80 percent alkaline.
- Taking aloe vera orally in liquid form can help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides for healthy heart.
Aloe Vera Benefits for Hair
- Get rid of dandruff by mixing aloe gel with coconut oil and then rinse.
- By massaging with aloe you can have fast growing hair.
- Replace your pricey conditioners with aloe for smooth and silky hair.
- To keep hair and scalp moist you must maintain pH level, by applying aloe vera gel with coconut oil you can keep your hair and scalp moist.
How to Make Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is an herb with bunch of benefits to human body and especially for skin; it’s an instant remedy for dry and itchy skin. Though you can get aloe vera gel from local store, we doubt its freshness. As making aloe vera gel at home is damn simple we don’t recommend store bought aloe gel.
Get some fresh aloe leaves from local garden or borrow it from neighbor. Place the leafy vertically upwards so that resin goes off. (Resin is sticky insoluble substance.) Then wash the leaf. Carefully slice the borders of the leaf from both sides. To extract the gel easily, cut aloe into pieces and peel the thick skin with a knife.
Now you’ve gel in your hand. Blend these gel pieces with vitamin C powder and vitamin E oil. Pour the blended solution in a jar and refrigerate for future use.
How to Make Aloe Vera Juice
After extracting aloe gel from leaves, blend them with any citrus juice and add sugar in required quantity. Initially try with small quantity. [List of citrus fruits]
Nutrients in Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a cornucopia of vitamins and minerals including:
- Vitamin A (beta-carotene), C and E.
- Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B12.
- Folic acid.
- Choline, calcium, sodium, selenium, iron, copper, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
- Fatty acids and 20-22 human required amino acids.
- Sugars include glucose and fructose.
Consult your doctor before taking any step.
Don’t buy; grow your aloe vera plant for fresh juice.
Start with small dosage for 1-2 weeks, and then try if you don’t any results. Treat like a medicine not a juice.
News About Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Healing the skin inside out – drinking aloe vera juice will balance alkaline and acid level in stomach. (source)
- Reduce cholesterol by taking 10 – 20 milliliters of aloe juice. (source)
- Aloe vera can be used as cleanser. (lifehacker.com)