There is no exaggeration in saying that honey is Almighty’s boon to mankind. Benefits of honey are documented in many religious books, including Vedas, Islamic scriptures and in Bible. Its magical healing power and versatility gave honey a significant importance in history.
Today, we lack a conclusive evidence to prove this. However, many cosmetic products come with honey as an ingredient and advocates say manuka honey for acne and acne scars is an effective remedy.
Most of us not aware of this that honey have different types. Manuka honey is one among them which is produced in New Zealand from nectar of native manuka tree.
All honey doesn’t have same nutritional properties. It differs depending on type and harvesting process. Manuka honey is packed with anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti inflammatory properties. You may think, even normal honey has these properties, but the benefits this monofloral honey gives are not comparable.
Wonder How Manuka Honey Treats Acne and Fades Acne Scars
- You either consume this strong flavored honey or use it topically. Both ways it’s going to pull you out of diseases.
- Anti-irritant properties restrain clogged pores from getting inflamed.
- Impurities and bacteria accumulated over skin pores get cleared with anti-bacterial properties of manuka honey.
- Moisturizing properties in manuka honey leads to brighter and scars free skin texture.
- Relieves you from inflamed acne lesions.
Is it seems like a normal honey? Unless you try it yourself, you’ll not know the mere benefits of manuka honey for skin.
Check these sure things before buying manuka honey:
Though its expensive when compared to other honey, benefits worth it.
- A honey jar labeled manuka honey will not do wonders, unless it has those magical properties, and not all manuka honey has it. Check for UMF (unique manuka factor), OMA (organic manuka active), or MGO on the jar. Depending on this rating we can confirm its quality.
- Rating labeled as UMF or OMA 15+ and MGO 15+ is preferable.
- Imprint includes New Zealand on it.
How to Use Manuka Honey for Acne
You can add any essential oil to manuka honey if you’ve problem with stickiness.
Note: Regular application is important to see result.
Other Remedies for acne
- Tea tree oil remedy for acne
- Treat back acne with these home remedies
- Shea Butter, Argan oil, fish oil and jojoba oil.
Manuka Honey Face Pack
- Initially cleanse your skin with natural cleanser or Bioderma cleanser.
- From aisle of manuka honey jars, pick the one with bio active 12+, this rating shows honey is cold pressed rather than fine filtered.
- Take few drops of manuka honey and apply on skin evenly.
- Leave for 15 minutes, the anti bacterial and anti microbial properties starts working.
- Wash with warm water and pat dry. If you’ve dry skin, moisturizer when skin is still damp. (Here is the list of natural moisturizers)
Did you ever tried manuka honey? Share your experience in comments.