If you were thinking to throw away the excess of rice water, think again. K-beauty guru Alicia Yoon states that rice infused water is a big beauty ingredient in Korean beauty culture. It is full of minerals, vitamins, and amino acids essential for beautiful skin. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties.
Not just Korea, but other Asian countries have been using the rice water for skin for centuries to keep the young and glowing skin. To reap its cosmetic benefits, female rice farmers in China and Japan used to bath in the water used for cleaning rice.
Yoon says, “Rice is a traditional beauty ingredient that’s been passed down through the generations, very much a part of Korea’s beauty legacy,”
Some people even have aged skin even at a younger age. For this reason, people start to consume food that makes the aging process slower. But rarely anyone knows the greatest effects rice water has on skin.
Also read: How to use carrot for skin whitening?
What is the need for using rice water?
Rice is full of vitamins, amino acids, and minerals that are essential for beautiful skin. It also contains folic acid, which is a powerful allantoin and antioxidant to keep your skin protected.
Rice water is beneficial for face, skin, and acne treatment as it contains anti-inflammatory properties to keep skin free from acne breakouts and clear pimple marks. The regular use of rice water in your skin care regimen can make your skin flawless.
Apart from giving your skin a radiant finish, it can also lighten your skin over time- proving to be ten times better and safer than the chemical-loaded expensive products and skin whitening serums.
From removing sun spots to tackling with age spots and battling hyperpigmentation, a teaspoon of rice water can do the wonders with your skin. For those who want to know how to use rice water on face, stay tuned because this article has compiled best of the recipes.
7 Beauty Benefits of Rice Water for Skin
There are several benefits of using rice water for healthy glowing skin. Let’s have a look at various ways in which you can use rice water for various skin ailments.
- Skin toner: The natural rice water helps to keep the skin radiant, smooth, and healthy. Simply pad it with a cotton ball on your face to stimulate the blood flow and minimize the pores.
- Reduces skin pores: Rice water for beauty treatments is such a great alternative for young skin. Even Ayurvedic doctors recommend rice water for face, acne breakouts, and closing of the skin pores.
- Glowing skin: It naturally reduces the pores and makes the skin glowing. Massage your face gently with rice water on face to get a soft and tight skin.
- Keep skin youthful: Aging is a nightmare for many ladies. The wrinkles are hardly loved by anyone, and the environment is to blame. Rice water naturally slows the aging process, makes the skin ever youthful. It also works to reduce age spots on the skin as well.
- Relieves inflamed skin: Rice water is a natural remedy for skin irritation such as wounds. It cools off the inflamed skin surfaces and soothes the skin inflammation as well.
- Natural skin care: It’s now a known fact that rice water is a natural skin caring homemade product. You simply choose the rice water as your great solution without wasting money on cosmetics.
- Body Scrub: Moreover, you mix the rice water with olive oil and use it as a body scrub for nourishing and exfoliating the skin.
Also read: How to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles without Using Botox?
How to Use Rice Water for Face, Acne, and Wrinkles?
#1 Rice Water for Face
Well, you can use rice water as a face cleanser, toner, for acne and wrinkles. Let’s see how to use it below.
- Facial cleanser: Dip a cotton ball in the rice water and massage it into your skin for a couple of minutes. Let your face dry. Use it regularly to get the soft, tight, and radiant skin. Now you see how easy it was to use rice water on the face?
- Facial toner: It is better if you do this after cleansing your face. Soak a cotton pad or ball in the homemade rice water toner and apply it on your face. It will minimize the appearance of pores and tighten skin.
Rice water toner will stimulate blood flow, promote cell growth, and will help to keep your skin bright and smooth.
#2 Rice Water for Acne
This is the cheapest Ayurveda treatment you can ever get. It also helps in cooling the redness of an outbreak and to heal acne as well. It tightens the pores and acts as an astringent on the skin.
Rice water with its anti-inflammatory properties can repair dead skin cells, and help the formation of new cells. For fighting acne or any kind of skin inflammation, try this recipe:
- In the dilute rice water, soak a washcloth for a minute.
- Place this cloth on your affected skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Gently wash your face.
- Repeat this remedy once daily.
The next morning you’ll wake up with reduced skin pores and softer skin.
#3 Rice Water for Wrinkles
Do you want to look ten years younger and tired of using cosmetics? Let me tell you, there’s the easiest way possible. You can use rice water for wrinkles at home.
You just have to make this rice water mask at home and that’s it.
- Boil the rice, strain it and put the water aside.
- Add a spoon of heated milk in the rice and mix well.
- Then add honey and stir again. And that’s it.
- Just apply it to the dry skin and let your skin soak all of it.
- After regular uses, you will definitely see changes in your skin.
#4 Rejuvenate with a Rice Water Bath
Wanting to get the beneficial effect of rice water and enjoy it all over your body? It’s time to rejuvenate in rice water bath.
This is a simple process where you will need to fill a half cup of rice in a small muslin bag. Then place the bag into the lukewarm bath water, immerse yourself and enjoy.
#5 Rice Water for Treating Aging Skin
Regular application of rice water on your skin can help fight dark circles and diminish the Dark Age spots present on your face. It reduces the free radicals caused due to environmental factors, stress and sun exposure.
The use of rice water can make your skin firmer and tighten it by making it supple. Use rice water before you go to bed by soaking a cotton pad in rice water.
You can also apply it directly to your face in the morning or night, leaving it one for an hour for extra benefits.
#6 Rice Water for Dermatitis
You can also use rice water to naturally soothe dermatitis, rashes, inflammation, acne, and all sorts of skin problem. It can help to heal redness of an outbreak by acting as an astringent on the skin.
To sooth dermatitis using rice water, apply a cotton ball soaked in rice water over the affected area. Leave it one for 15 minutes, allowing your skin to soak the nutrients. Wash off with lukewarm water.
#7 Rice Water for Radiant Skin
The continuous use of rice water can make your skin radiant and free from radicals, and close the pores to help fight acne. Thanks to its high level of vitamins, phenolic compounds, and antioxidants, rice water for skin can also hyperpigmentation.
You just need to extract the rice water by boiling a cup of rice in three cups of water and cleanse your face every morning by dabbing a cotton ball in it. Your skin will look more radiant and feel softer than before.
Also read: Is rice water good for skin whitening?
#8 Rice Water for Suntan
The rice flour face pack allows your skin to restore its texture and natural tone. It also allows your skin to lighten a few shades and fight suntan.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rice flour with tablespoons of coconut milk.
- Stir well and apply the paste to the affected area.
- Wash with cold water.
With regular use, the tan on your skin will lighten, and your skin will get its long-lost radiance back.
#9 Rice Water Face Mask
This is an amazing face mask for getting younger, clearer and brighter skin. To make your skin look more youthful and radiant, try this recipe thrice a week.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of rice water with 1 tbsp. of honey and 2 tbsp. of curd.
- Mix thoroughly and apply the mixture to your face.
- Leave it on till it dries.
- Wash off under cold running water.
#10 Rice Water for Raccoon Eyes
If you have wrinkled skin, and raccoon eyes, the beneficial effects of rice water can help you fight that too. All you need to do is follow this simple recipe.
- Mash a banana with 3 tbsp. of rice water and 2 tbsp. of castor oil.
- The antioxidant and potassium-rich banana, when mixed, with rice water, will moisturize the under eye skin from within.
- Apply under your eyes and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a wet cotton ball.
Follow this recipe regularly to get rid of raccoon eyes.
#11 Rice Water for Blemish-Free Skin
Want to have a blemish free radiant skin? How about following this rice water recipe for getting the softest skin?
- Mix together equal parts of olive oil, rice water, and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture evenly to your face and neck.
- Let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Repeat once a week to get blemish free skin.
The regular use of rice water doesn’t only impart a natural glow to your face but also makes it blemish free.
How to Make a Rice Water Toner at Home?
Whether you want to use rice water for its moisturizing properties or skin whitening or to heal inflamed skin, it is a known fact that fermented rice water has enough vitamins to rejuvenate your skin.
Keeping in mind the plenty of benefits, we have for you a very special DIY rice water toner recipe. Go ahead, try this recipe and include it in your routine for achieving your beauty goals.
Ingredients you’ll need:
First of all, let’s make a list of things you will need to get it ready.
- A suitable container for mixing the rice and water with a lid.
- Half a cup of organic rice.
- One cup of distilled water
- A strainer or a colander
- Combine the rice and water in your container and let it sit overnight. Cover it with lid. Strain the liquid using the colander and that’s it.
- There’s another quicker method. Just boil the rice in water, strain it and you will get the same results.
- Store it in a suitable place if you want it to last longer, for one to two weeks.
Now you know how easy it was. There are many other toners, cleansers, and creams you can apply for a smooth and glowing skin. But nothing is as efficient and as cheap as the rice water. So, make sure to include rice water in your skin care regimen.
- You can use any type of rice like jasmine rice, brown rice, white rice, etc.
- Try to use organic rice for skin toner. It might be slightly expensive but it has more organic properties and it doesn’t contain any pesticides.
- Make sure to thoroughly rinse the rice before use, it will remove the dirt and dust particles.
- Avoid using undiluted rice water because it can result in lumps.
Did you ever use rice water for skin? Have you tried any of the recipes listed above? Let us know the results you noticed after using any of these recipes.