I know you yearn to have an enticing face. But, beauty spas can’t fulfill your desire. Rice water for skin whitening is an inexpensive and effective remedy to enhance your natural beauty.
I adore natural skin care remedies, as they have more nutritional value and no side-effects.
On the other hand, cosmetic creams are filled with chemicals that may irritate your skin. Few beauty product companies claim to have natural ingredients, but they use refined or processed innate substances that have less nutritional value.
Hyperpigmentation, Dark Spots, and Dark Skin Complexion
Experts say that dark spots or hyperpigmentation are mainly due to repeated exposure to sun rays, hormonal imbalance, and other external factors.
Your skin gets its color from a pigment called melanin. External things like UV rays increase the production of melanocytes resulting in dark patches at different places.
Dailymail.co.uk, states that a study carried out with three women, one of them washed her face with rice water for about a month. Other two used beauty creams. After a month, the elasticity of the first women was better than two. (Source)
Does Rice Water Work for Skin Whitening?
The excellent thing about rice water is that it works for all skin types. It exfoliates impurities, hydrates your skin and enriches it with vitamins.
- Natural remedies like rice water and rice flour protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Exfoliating property of rice water wipes impurities and dead cells off the skin.
- Rice water is full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidant agents that can help to lighten dark spots, fade aging wrinkles and remove sun spots.
- Antioxidant activity helps to fight free radicals that can damage your cell membrane resulting in fine lines.
- Rice water exhibits astringent activity, which helps to shrink ugly pores over the skin. This makes your skin look firm and young.
- Inflammation caused by acne blemishes can be reduced using anti-inflammatory property residing in rice water.
- Assorted nutrients in rice water tones your skin and make it smooth.
- Rice water is packed with essential vitamins and minerals like ferulic acids, PABA, and allantoin that exhibit antioxidant activities.
- Anti-inflammatory ability of this home available ingredient will soothe your irritated skin and reduce chronic skin ailments.
How to Use Rice Water for Skin Whitening?
The excellent thing about this beauty ingredient is that you can make it few minutes.
Wash your face with a cup of rice water and allow it to dry naturally for 15 minutes. That’s it.
Anyways, as beauty experts recommend blending other innate ingredients to make it more effective. Below listed are various recipes.
#1. Homemade Rice Water for Skin Lightening
Exceptional nutrients in this homemade toner penetrate deep into the skin and enhance its functioning.
Don’t expect results overnight; add it to your beauty regimen for about a month to see positive results.
- Cleanse your face using rice flour face mask or washcloth, so that rice water can be easily absorbed by your skin.
- Take a clean bowl and add a hand full of brown rice or white rice. To remove excess impurities, I recommend washing the rice once and draining the water.
- Second time add water and run your fingers to clean the rice.
- Let it be for 2-3 hours, the water now should look cloudy. Drain the water into another clean bowl.
- Dip the cotton ball in rice water and rub it over the face. Else you can just splash the rice water on face repeatedly.
- Don’t towel your face, leave it to dry naturally.
#2. Olive Oil and Rice Powder
Vitamin A and E housed in olive oil help to guard your skin against UV rays and improve skin complexion.
Lemon juice, which is prominent for its bleaching ability helps to lighten dark spots and make the skin radiant.
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- Essential oil – few drops
- Rice powder – 2 tbsp
- Mix all listed ingredients to form a smooth
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Apply the mask evenly and allow it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
This recipe will help you to treat skin ailments like acne.
#3. Coconut Milk and Rice Flour
Apart from being delicious, coconut milk will hydrate your skin and treats acne.
Vitamin C, E and B6 residing in this ingredient will help to improve skin texture and lighten the appearance of dark spots.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rice flour with 4 tbsp of coconut milk.
- Apply obtained mask on prewashed face and leave it to dry naturally.
- After 15 minutes, rinse it off with water.
- Another simple way is to dip a paper towel in rice water and gently pat it over the face. Lean on bed or sofa facing up.
- Ask your partner to add some rice water on paper towel if needed and let it dry naturally. You can refrigerate excess rice water up till 4 days.
- Add a pinch of turmeric if you’ve acne blemishes.
How to Make Rice Water at Home?
You don’t need to know how to cook, for this.
- Put 2 to 3 tablespoons of white rice in a pan. Add 2 cups of distilled or tap water to it.
- Boil for 20-30 minutes, till the water turns milky white.
- Strain rice and collect its water in a bowl.
- Allow the rice water to cool or refrigerate it.
Dip a cotton ball in this water and apply it over your face. Alternatively, you can wash your face with this water.
Apart from beautifying your skin, rice water can be used to tame your hair.
Wash your hair with this rice water and allow it to dry for few minutes after shampooing.
You can ingest this vitamin-rich water by mixing some salt.
- Wear sunscreen cream while going out.
- Stay away from products that are packed with chemical ingredients.
- Ingredients that irritate your skin must be avoided.
- Drink enough water and ingest vitamin-rich diet to improve your overall functioning of your skin.
- Dark complexion isn’t a sin, so don’t get stressed.
As mentioned, repeat this process at least twice in a week. Ferulic acid is rice may irritate your skin, so it’s better to patch test before using it.
Interestingly, many cosmetic industries started incorporating rice into their products. As they increase the absorption rate of the skin.
Would you like to try this inexpensive skin toner?
Share your thoughts in comments about using rice water for skin whitening.