Everyone desire to have lightened skin tone. But this can’t be achieved by media promoted beauty products. Here you’ll learn benefits of cornstarch for skin whitening.
Some external and internal factors influence melanin production resulting in hyperpigmentation.
Causes of Dark Skin Discoloration on the Face
Hormonal imbalance, excess exposure to sunlight, certain medication, tight clothes, few chemical included creams, facial hair removal, allergic reaction, and diet are held responsible for skin discoloration.
Is Cornstarch Good for Skin Whitening?
Derived from corn (maize), cornflour or cornstarch can be used to clean windows, polish furniture, silver, and remove ink stains and to get rid of shoe odor.
Corn flour for skin whitening is cheap yet effective home remedy, which you can make and use instantly.
Assorted properties in cornstarch made it an effective remedy for all skin disorders. Let’s dwell into its nutritional profile and check how it works for skin whitening.
- Vitamin A packed in cornstarch fades dark/brown spots and lighten your skin tone.
- Minerals like calcium and iron stimulate regeneration of new cells and help to maintain healthy functioning of the skin.
- Extensive research carried out the claim that people with acne/pimples need to increase their zinc intake. Zinc packed in cornstarch can help you to reduce acne blemishes. You should consider using it internally and topically.
- Corn flour is gifted with the superb quality of absorbing sebum, with which you can control excess oil secreted by your skin. Use it has a face mask on acne prone skin.
- Dirt and impurities accumulated over the skin are main reason behind skin disorders. Corn flour face mask wipes out these impurities and makes your skin smooth and supple.
- Vitamin C with its antioxidant agents fights free radicals that are damaging cell membrane. Along with this, it enhances skin texture and fades wrinkles.
- It soothes minor sunburns and heals insect bites.
- Vitamin B1 and B2 residing in this ingredient help to hydrate your skin and promotes healthy skin.
- Bleaching effect of cornstarch is very helpful to eliminate dark patches and brown spots from your face.
- Other vitamins & minerals residing in cornstarch will strive to nourish your skin and make it glow naturally. (1)
Note: Staying at home in summer is the best way to reduce hyperpigmentation. Along with these natural remedies, wear sunscreen or wide-hat while going out.
How to Use Cornstarch for Skin Whitening?
Apart from using it topically, I recommend to use it in your foods so that you can reap nutrients completely for your skin. Here is one of the delicious cornstarch recipes.
You can use it directly or add other ingredients to make it more effective.
Recommended: Wheat flour for skin lightening
#1. Cornstarch Face Mask for Exfoliating
The first thing that I recommend is to wipe off impurities accumulated over your face using cornstarch face mask. Fortunately, this particular face masks not just exfoliate but hydrates your skin and brings it to life.
- Cornstarch – 1 tbsp
- Grounded Oats – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Coffee powder – 1 tbsp
Wash your face and mix all ingredients in a bowl thoroughly. Pat dry and topically massage this face mask over the skin. You can apply it around the neck and underarms. Leave it to dry, bleaching property of cornstarch starts affecting on your skin making it glow.
Don’t expect instant results, regular use will show you positive signs. Include it in your beauty regimen.
#2. Papaya and Corn Flour for Skin Lightening
If you’ve dry skin, then include rose water and for oily skin, replace it with lemon juice.
- Banana – few slices
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Papaya – few slices
- Rosewater for dry skin
- Lemon juice for oily skin
Mix all the ingredients till you get a smooth paste-like consistency. Wash your face and topically apply the face mask. Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off with water.
People with acne lesion can use this face mask to reduce inflammation and fade acne scars.
Also read: Papaya face mask recipe
#3. Cornstarch for Fairness
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tbsp
According to me, this is the ultimate face mask for skin whitening, but ingredients in this mask may irritate your sensitive skin. Dry skin people are recommended to replace lemon juice and baking soda with raw honey.
Initially, cleanse the skin and pat dry. Mix listed ingredients in a clean bowl and apply it over the skin evenly. If you’ve acne blemishes, then use it as a spot treatment. Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off with cool water.
Optionally, you can apply moisturizer after treating with cornstarch for skin whitening. Excess use of turmeric may leave yellow stains on your face, don’t worry they will fade in few hours.
#4. Honey and Cornstarch for Skin Whitening
Humectant, exfoliating and vitamins housed in raw honey can improve your skin complexion. Antioxidant agents help to reduce wrinkles and protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
Assorted nutrients exhibit skin brightening ability that helps to lighten the appearance of dark spots and scars.
- Cornstarch – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
Mix all the listed ingredients in a bowl and apply it on pre-washed face. Leave it on the skin for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off. (Source)
#5. Rice Powder and Corn Flour
Para aminobenzonic acid residing in rice powder acts as sunscreen and Allantoin present in it heal minor sunburn. Tyrosinase is a compound in rice powder that helps to regulate melanin production.
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Rice powder – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
Mix corn flour and rice powder in a bowl. Also, add honey and milk to obtain paste like consistency.
Wash your face or cleanse it to remove impurities or dead cells. Pat dry with clean cloth and apply the face mask evenly in a circular motion. After 15 minutes, rinse it off with water.
Instead of mixing all these ingredients, just add some milk with cornstarch and apply it over the face.
- While scrubbing, be gentle as it may irritate your sensitive skin.
- Ingredients that irritate your skin must be avoided.
- Before using it on the face, perform a patch
- People with extremely dry skin must apply moisturizer after using this recipe.
- Consume vitamin-rich diet and drink enough water to hydrate your skin internally.
- Stay away from chemical-filled creams, as its regular use may strip natural moisture from your skin.
- Remove makeup before going to sleep and apply rose water
- Avoid stress, as researchers say that it can trigger ailments.
Did you ever use cornstarch for skin whitening? Please share your views in comments.