Like any herbal tea, chamomile tea gives you an instant refreshing experience. Its aromatic smell can bring you back to life (not literally).
Chamomile includes different types of daisy like plants filled with nutrients and vitamins. Though we’re aware of benefits of green tea, most of don’t know about benefits of chamomile tea for skin and health. It has been used to treat various skin and heath diseases like sore throat, insomnia, anxiety, cold, digestion problems, psoriasis, eczema and acne.
Dried chamomile flowers are used to make this tea. Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory activity of chamomile tea helps to eliminate infectious bacteria, fungus and reduces acne inflammation.
Bisabolol and flavonoids residing in chamomile tea enhances fast healing and includes anti-cancer property. These compounds have been included in cosmetic creams to stimulate healing and to improve skin’s texture. Flavonoids show antioxidant property, which thwarts free radicals that damages your skin cells leading wrinkles.
Benefits of Chamomile Tea for Skin
1. Your skin is piled with impurities and dead cells. Antioxidant and cleansing properties residing in chamomile tea can be used to exfoliate the skin. Apart from having brewing herbal tea, you can make chamomile face mask.
2. Enhances healing. Mix some water or any essential oil and apply it over injuries to fasten the healing process.
3. Treats minor sunburns and used topically with other innate remedies like honey and almond oil.
4. Antioxidant agents kill free radicals and prevent premature aging and wrinkles.
5. Experts say acne is mainly cause due to inflammation. Anti-inflammatory properties reduce acne inflammation.
6. Place cool chamomile tea bags under your dark eyes to remove dark circles. Repeated use it important to see positive results.
7. Hydrates your skin from the outside and inside when consumed regularly.
8. Placing chamomile tea bags will soothe your tired eyes.
9. Blend it with olive oil and white sugar to protect the skin from harmful UV rays and moisturize the dry skin.
10. Blend it with oatmeal and almond oil and it can remove impurities off the skin.
11. Studies proved that topical application of chamomile mask can relive eczema symptoms.
12. Natural bleaching property of chamomile tea can lighten dark spots and aids in skin whitening.
13. Apply chamomile face mask over acne lesions to reduce inflammation and swelling.
Benefits of Chamomile tea for hair
14. Get rid of blonde hair with chamomile tea. Mix it henna for dark hairs.
15. Lighten your hair with chamomile tea to get stunning bright-golden light to brown hair.
16. You can get rid of scalp irritation by using chamomile tea.
17. Exceptional properties in this herbal plant can reduce dandruff.
Benefits of Chamomile tea for health
18. Dating back to ancient Greeks, Romans and Egyptians chamomile has been used to treat various health issues like chest colds, sore throats and ulcers.
19. Having a cup of chamomile tea can relax uterus muscles and reduce menstrual cramps.
20. If you’ve experienced stomach ache or under gone operation try chamomile tea in limited quality to soothe your pain.
21. Experts recommend taking chamomile tea to reduce stomach ulcers.
22. It can help to control blood glucose levels. Reports conclude that chamomile tea can be helpful for diabetic patients.
23. Studies suggest that chamomile can treat diarrhea, hemorrhoids and insomnia.
24. Sedative properties in this herbal tea can help you to sleep.
25. Migraines or experiencing headache, try one hot cup of chamomile tea to relax you.
26. Allergic reaction and rashes over the skin and internally can be treated by using chamomile tea.
27. Chamomile tea can treat chickenpox, diaper rash and colic in children. (source)
28. Assorted properties in chamomile tea can boost your immune system and give you instant relief.
29. Prevent gastric troubles by daily consuming a cup of tea.
30. Get rid of puffy eyes by placing chamomile tea bags under your eyes.
How to Pick and Make Chamomile Tea at Home
- Excess use of chamomile tea can upset your stomach. So limit its use.
- Try to make your own chamomile tea at home, by picking its flowers and drying it for 1-2 weeks.
- Keep the dried flowers in airtight container.
- Pregnant must avoid chamomile tea, as it may cause abortion.
- If you’re allergic to this herbal plant, then stop using it. Pat test before to know whether your skin is allergic to it.
Benefits of chamomile tea for skin and health are countless. So, try it once and let us know the results.