Used in food preparations and cosmetic products, Shea butter a natural medicine to treat various skin diseases can be used to treat acne blemishes.
Shea butter is white or ivory colored fatty oil extracted from nuts of Karite tree (Shea tree). Being edible Shea butter is used in various dishes and in the west it’s mostly used in cosmetic products.
As Shea butter melts at room temperature it gets absorbed quickly by skin. Raw or unrefined form of Shea butter is recommended as it contains all the vitamins and minerals.
Also read: 5 Home remedies for forehead acne
Shea Butter Treats Acne
Shea butter has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties in it which helps to treat blemishes.
- Acne blemishes are caused due to accumulation of dead cells, sebum and bacteria. Antioxidant properties in Shea butter fight bacteria and refrains skin pores from blocking.
- Anti-inflammatory property helps reduce inflammation caused due to break outs.
- After treating acne, scars left behind on skin can be faded by repeated application of Shea butter.
- Swelling of blemishes or redness of pimples can be reduced after applying this natural remedy.
- Unlike other pricey medical products Shea butter is safer to use, as it has no side-effects.
- Great healing properties which heals break outs and scars quickly.
- Shea butter is non-comedogenic, means it doesn’t interfere with skin pores and block them.
Many people those who fed-up with pricey acne treating products turn to Shea butter to treat acne and got positive results.
How to Apply Shea Butter for Acne Blemishes
Raw Shea butter is recommended because of its rich source of vitamins and minerals. Anyway the only reason why it’s refined is to remove odor, color and other undesirables.
- Wash your face or affected area with cleanser to remove dead cells and oil accumulated on skin. You can use salicylic acid for cleaning.
- Damp the skin and apply raw Shea butter evenly.
- Leave for about 8 hours, apply it before sleep and rinse it off in the morning.
- Repeat the process till you see smooth and shining skin.
Shea Butter for Acne Scars
A slip of knife while chopping fruits or an accident, they leave your skin injured. Naturally, new skin is generated to connect broken tissues. In this process depending on injury a scar is left behind.
Though these scars aren’t associated with any health issues, people usually want to fade them out of cosmetic concern. Same goes with pimples, when you use natural remedies like shea butter to reduce acne they leave scars all over your face. (WebMD)
You can find bunch of pricey products claiming to fade acne scars. But experts hardly agree with it. Yes, even with shea butter you can’t permanently fade acne scars. Anyhow, because of unmatched characteristics of shea butter, makes it easily absorbed by skin. The assorted nutrients housed in this remedy to some extent lighten scars.
Note: We never used shea butter for acne scars? If you’ve any previous experience with shea butter, share your views in comments and let us know.
You can add other non-comedogenic (which don’t block skin pores) oil to Shea butter for fragrance.