It’s a myth that coconut oil increases the risk of cardiovascular problems. A study carried out to test if saturated fat relation to heart disease and found no association. Coconut oil is well known for its fatty acids. On Kitava island people uninfluenced by western dishes still include coconut oil in there dietary and they’re healthier compared us. (1)
Acid in coconut oil thwarts infection causing bacteria, virus and fungi. Lauric acid and monolaurin acid kill candida yeast, reducing yeast infection. Coconut oil for yeast infection works when you opt for raw oil, as refined oil has less nutritional value comparatively. (2)
If you’re unaware of yeast, to surprise you yeast lives in small number in the vagina. The good bacteria restrain its growth. Because of antibiotics, poor nutritional diet or illness these good bacteria number decreases, this results in growth of yeast causing yeast infection with severe itching.
Also read: Coconut oil benefits on skin
How Coconut Oil for Yeast Infection Works?
- High concentration of coconut oil acts as anti-fungal agent so when it comes in contact with yeast infected skin, it at-once start killing fungi and relives you form inflammation.
- Lauric, capric and caprylic acid in coconut oil has antiviral, antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties that kills yeast and increases the good bacteria.
- According to Fungus Focus, caprylic acid breaks down candida cell membrane. (3)
- Lauric acid is an antimicrobial agent which acts against strong bacteria like P.acnes (acne causing bacteria) and also boosts immune system. (Try aloe gel for acne)
- Coconut oil is safe and effective natural moisturizer that helps to avoid itching.
- Antioxidant agent in coconut oil restrains yeasts and fungal agents from the body.
- Coconut consumption increases fat burning and reduces appetite.
Don’t miss this: Yogurt for yeast infection
How to Use Coconut Oil for Yeast Infection (Candida)?
Either you consume it or topically apply over skin, coconut oil has abundant benefits. As it contains medium chain saturated fats they can easily converted to energy boosters. As listed above, anti-fungal property kills infection causing candida yeast.
Coconut Oil on Skin
Not just relieving you from yeast, it also soothes your skin.
- Initially wash the affected part.
- Take virgin coconut oil and evenly apply over yeast infected part.
- Apply this at night and take bath in the morning.
- Repeat the process daily to get rid of yeast infection.
Coconut Oil for Thrush
Thrush is an oral yeast infection which forms white coat on tongue. Take 1 table spoon of virgin coconut oil in mouth and swish for about 3 minutes and spit out. Repeat the oil pulling process throughout the day. Anti-fungal and antimicrobial agents in coconut oil kill yeasts over tongue.
For infants, feed them small amounts of virgin oil regularly. It’s safe to consume, no need to worry about side-effects. Anyhow you must consult your doctor before trying.
Related post: Tea tree oil for yeast infection
Coconut Oil with Essential Oil
As suppositories you can blend essential oil with coconut oil and topically apply it over yeast infected skin. Namely cinnamon oil, lavender oil and rosewood oil mix anyone of them to coconut oil and apply over skin.
Coconut Oil for Yeast Infection Using Tampon
- Drench tampon into virgin coconut oil.
- Now insert tampon in vagina and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this process regularly.
Also read: Apple cider vinegar for yeast infection
Coconut Oil Capsules for Yeast Infection
Alternatively, you can rush to nearby medical store and get few coconut oil capsules. Take them in night, because of the heat in your body it melts. Regularly take capsules at night to get rid of yeast infection. You may find some release at night, so wear underwear or pad before going to bed.
How to Consume Coconut Oil?
- Before having your diet regularly take 1 table spoon of virgin coconut oil.
- Or add it to your recipe.
- Replace butter on toast with coconut oil.
- Stir 1 tbsp of virgin coconut oil to coffee or oatmeal.
Start with small dosage and gradually increase it consumption.
Coconut oil for yeast infection is an innate home remedy. But you must opt only for virgin coconut oil. Apart from using these home remedies you must alter your diet, avoid consumption of sugar, as candida yeast feeds on them. Alternatively you can try calendula for yeast infection.
What’s your experience with coconut oil and candida? Put few words in comments.