You might have seen or experienced this awkward scratching habit in groin areas. Jock itch is common and effects groin area, buttocks and genitals. Though it is not accompanied by serious health hazard, you must get rid of jock itching because you may hurt yourself by repeated scratching.
Experts recommend to topically applying anti-fungal creams; however these creams aren’t effective for permanent solution. There are few natural home available remedies like tea tree oil for jock itch, which have ability to treat from the root. I’ll leave it to you, to choose anti-fungal creams or natural remedies. (1)
But, remember to practice a good lifestyle along with these remedies. Else, the fungus invades to trigger infection again.
What Causes Jock Itch?
- Itching is mainly triggered due to fungus or bacterial infection.
- Moist, warm and tight clothing gives favorable condition to these infectious bacteria.
- Excess sweating, tight clothing and moisture are few causes of jock itch.
Though it’s common in adult men, people with diabetes, obesity and other diseases may experience more jock itch. It all starts with mild itching and then itching spreads to buttocks and two sides of groin areas. Skin in the affected areas becomes in dry, itchy and scaly. If not treated it may turn severe, spreading to genitals. Women can also get infected with this disorder and experience vaginal white discharge.
Note: Jock itch will spread to your partner, so stay away till you get treated.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Jock Itch?
Tea tree oil is renowned for healing common skin ailments. Tea tree is native to Australia and has enticed cosmetic world to incorporate into their skin care creams.
- Antiseptic and anti-fungal activity of this oil will thwart infectious bacteria and fungus in groin areas.
- Research shows that antibacterial property residing in tea tree oil can reduce acne and bumps that appear in the groin areas.
- Assorted properties housed in this oil enhance fast healing and reduce itching.
- When you topically apply the oil, it hydrates your dry skin and heals minor injuries that are caused due to scratching.
Related post: Tea tree oil for warts
Tea Tree Oil and Almond Oil
Naturally almond oil is packed with exceptional nutrients and vitamins. It can be used to cleanse dead cells and other impurities accumulated over affected area. On the other hand tea tree oil stops infection.
- Mix 18 drops of tea tree oil with 2 tbsp of almond oil thoroughly. Wash the affected area before applying the solution. Best time to apply is before going to bed.
- Get pure tea tree oil from drug store and apply it over prewashed affected area using cotton ball. You can dilute it with other natural oils if needed.
Also read: How to Use Almond Oil for Stretch Marks?
Alternatively, you can add few drops of tea tree oil for jock itch in your bath tub before taking bath and make sure to clean groin areas thoroughly.
Excess use of tea tree oil may cause severe rash or inflammation over your skin. Reach your physician if you see any such symptoms. While mixing other natural oils confirm with experts, as in one case lavender oil and tea tree oil triggered allergic reaction.