Before cosmetic products came into existence, women in those days used natural beauty ingredients. Here you’ll learn how to use peppermint face mask.
Calming and numbing effect of peppermint leaves has been used to treat various health and skin ailments. Renowned for its aromatic smell, peppermint is incorporated in various products for flavoring.
Cooling effect exhibited by peppermint can do wonders over your sensitive skin.
When compared to store brought creams, peppermint facial is inexpensive and have no chemical ingredients in it.
Few cosmetic industries understood the importance of innate ingredients and added them to their products, but unfortunately they include refined ingredients that have less nutritional value.
Interesting thing about homemade facial mask is that you can add other home available ingredients to meet your skin type. But make sure to patch test before trying it over face.
Before you ask me about the face mask recipe, allow me to discuss about its benefits.
What are the Benefits of Peppermint Face Mask?
- Strong healing effect in this herb will help you to treat skin rashes, wounds and injuries.
- Menthol residing in the herb will limit the secretion of sebum and thus treat oily skin.
- Astringent activity of this face mask tightens the skin pores and balances the pH level of your skin.
- Cleansing ability of peppermint helps to remove stubborn acne and dark spots.
- Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties in peppermint restrain bacterial infection and reduce acne inflammation.
- High concentration of vitamin A and C make this facial mask suitable to reduce wrinkles and fight suntan over your skin.
- As mentioned anti-inflammatory property of this face mask will reduce burning sensation and reduce inflamed bumps.
- Moisturizing property of this face mask help to hydrate your dry skin and get rid of itchy dry patches.
- Assorted nutrients in this homemade face mask will enhance healthy functioning of your skin.
How to Use Peppermint for Skin?
As your face is the most exposed part of your body, all pollutants and impurities get piled over it. Regular cleansing and moisturizing has to be done to make it glow naturally.
#1 Peppermint Face Mask
Blend peppermint leaves and turmeric powder with some water to make smooth paste. Now, apply the paste over prewashed face and leave it to dry naturally.
You can use peppermint oil instead of its leaves. It easily penetrates into your skin and controls excess production of sebum. Antiseptic property kills bacteria and anti-inflammatory property reduces inflammation.
- Mix 1 tbsp of milk, 1 drop of peppermint oil, 2 tbsp of kaolin clay in 3 tbsp of water thoroughly.
- Wash your face and pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Apply the face mask evenly and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
#2 Lavender Oil and Peppermint Oil Face Mask
These essential oils have soothing effect and can treat headache and migraine with their aromatic smell. Mix 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil with 1 drop of peppermint oil and lavender oil. Optionally, add kaolin clay to make smooth paste.
- Apply the mask over the face and relax for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Don’t expect to see positive results over night.
- You must use it regularly for weeks to see good results.
#3 Peppermint, Honey and ACV Face Mask
Honey is known for its emollient and exfoliating activity. Dead cells and impurities accumulated on the face can be removed by this conventional ingredient.
Apple cider vinegar can effectively maintain pH level of your skin and reduces dark spots over the face.
- Raw honey – 1 table spoon
- Apple cider vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Peppermint oil – 5 drops
- Distilled water – 1 cup
To dissolve honey in water, initially heat some water and mix honey till it gets dissolved. Now, add ACV and peppermint oil to the bowl.
Once the solution in cooled completely, you can either store it for future use or directly apply it over face.
Alternatively, you can add other ingredients like lemon, kaolin clay and other essential oil to it.
#4 Peppermint Face Pack for Acne
Researchers hold inflammation to be one of the main culprits of acne blemishes. Cooling and soothing ability packed in this home available ingredient can reduce inflammation.
Assorted nutrients in this ingredient can lighten the appearance of scars.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of curd or yogurt with peppermint paste.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water to remove impurities and open blocked pores.
- Pat dry and apply the face pack on acne affected area.
- After 10-15 minutes, rinse it off with water.
#5 Peppermint Face Mask for Oily Skin
Though most people think that oily skin is main reason for acne, it is not true in all cases.
However, oily skin ruins your appearance.
Vitamins and minerals residing in this home ingredient regulate excess production of sebum and keep your skin moisturized.
- Mix 2 tbsp of clay powder with 1 tbsp of chopped peppermint leaves.
- Add water to make paste like consistency.
- Now, apply this paste on your oily skin and leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Ingredients that irritate your skin must be avoided.
- You must patch test before using any of these ingredients.
- Drink enough water and ingest vitamin rich diet to provide essential nutrients for your skin.
- Avoid excess use of makeup and chemical filled creams, as they strip natural moisture from your skin.
- Wear sunscreen cream while going out to avoid hyperpigmentation.
- Stick to your recipe for 4-5 weeks to see positive results.