Mayonnaise is renowned for its use in culinary like French fries, sandwich, chips and in salads. But nutritious benefits of mayonnaise for face are incredible. It’s a thick cream and stable emulsion of eggs, oil (soybean) and vinegar or lemon juice.
OK, this sounds delicious, but is mayonnaise good for your face?
Let’s see what beauty experts say about mayonnaise benefits for face.
- Reader’s digest states, why to go for pricey creams when you’ve inexpensive yet effective homemade face mask in your refrigerator, referring to mayonnaise face mask.
- A beauty expert over Popsugar.com writes, mayonnaise, Epsom salt and grated carrot blend can work as an impeccable skin softening face mask.
- Not just as a skin softener but you can also use it as a hair conditioner and body scrub.
- Vinegar in this cream helps to shed dead cells and stimulate regeneration of cells.
- Oil and eggs ingredients housed are packed with moisturizing agents that helps to eliminate dry skin.
Mayonnaise Face Mask Recipes
Now you’ve been through brief uses of mayonnaise, let’s look how to make mayonnaise facial mask at home.
- Take store bought mayonnaise cream and scoop 1/2 cup of it in a bowl. To warm up the cream at room temperature leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Mean while cleanse your face and pat dry, using soft cloth.
- Using your clean fingertips apply this cream over your face avoiding eye area.
- Confirm that you applied thick layer.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- You can also use warm cloth to remove the facial.
And when the skin is still damp apply natural moisturizer.
Mayonnaise Face Mask for Acne
You’ve acne prone skin or oily skin? Then try this recipe. Mix 2 tbsp of raw honey or manuka honey to 1/2 cup of mayo. Soothing properties of honey are documented in various religious scriptures. If you’re allergic to mayo cream then directly apply manuka honey over face regularly. We recommend conducting patch test before using this mayo. Regular use will fade acne scars.
Mayonnaise abbreviated as mayo is a cream made from eggs, oil and lemon juice or vinegar. Topically applying this cream will help your fight dryness. Mix it with honey and it turns out as an excellent remedy for acne. Is it good for face, depends on your skin type. Give it a try and in case if allergy triggers, avoid it and consult your physician.