Dark spots on feet are common these days thanks to the harsh sun rays and unhealthy habits of people around the world. Sometimes it’s even hereditary. So, how to remove dark spots on feet?
It’s a hectic task to do that on a permanent basis without wasting much money.
Using chemicals and professional surgeries are instant ways to get rid of a stubborn darkest spot on your legs, but it all can cost a fortune.
The best way is to find some remedies. Home remedies are something that helps everyone. Before we go ahead, knowing the background of the dark spots is beneficial.
What are the causes behind dark spots?
Before treating the disease, knowing the root cause of the problem benefits the person. You can get the exact cause and treatment for your problems. You can also get an answer to the question how to remove dark spots on feet and ankles?
The appearance of dark spots is due to:
- They usually appear because of the blackheads in the skin of your feet. You can also call it open comedones.
- The condition becomes worse when there is secretion of sebum oil in excess quantity.
- This extra production can occur due to many further reasons such as sun rays, or pollution.
- At times, you can even have such dark spots on your feet due to the addition of dead cells under the layers of your skin.
- Sometimes even an ingrown hair can promote the occurrence of dark spots on your feet.
How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Feet and Ankles?
There are many ways to deal with the dark spots on your feet such as natural and cosmetics. It is, however, mandatory to know about how to remove dark spots on toes easily and effectively.
Many beauty experts say that the best solution lies in professional creams and treatments for getting rid of spots.
Celebrities hire beauty experts to do that job well. However, if we talk about common men and women, it becomes impossible for them to invest heavy money on high standard treatments.
Below are some of the most common treatments that people around the world acquire for getting rid of dark spots.
- Dark spots remover masks: There are chemically treated as well as homemade masks available that can help you in getting rid of those stubborn spots quickly. These masks remove all impurities from your skin and bring about pure and bright skin ahead.
- Electrical exfoliators: They help in the removal of dead skin cells from the deep layers of your skin. They help in removing the dark spots and make your skin bright.
- Salicylic acid: It is also one of the exfoliators that provide you healthy skin. It reduces the clogged pores and exfoliates your skin.
- Using creams: For the further protection from sun rays and other pollution agents, sunscreen is also used along with creams rich in minerals.
- Home remedies: These are one of the safest ways to remove your dark spots from feet. Many people make homemade masks, sunscreen and other recipes in order to get rid of dark spots from feet.
Home Remedies to Remove Dark Spots from Feet
It is time to make your feet better by using natural and safe ways. Following steps provide you easy ways to deal with your skin problem in completely natural ways. The unique blend of natural components and elements removes the root cause or your dark spots.
One of the best things about such method is that you can find it all easily in either your kitchen or nearby stores. It also saves you from investing a fortune for making your feet bright again.
There are many ways that can help you such as how to remove dark marks on feet from footwear or by using masks and other home remedies.
You can also use these remedies and stay away from the side effects of chemicals.
So let’s move ahead and check home recipes to remove dark spots on feet.
#1. Oatmeal and honey scrub
- Oatmeal: 2 Tsp
- Honey: 2 Tsp
- Milk: 3 Tsp
- Blend the ingredients together and make a smooth paste of it.
- Clean your feet and dry it.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas on your feet.
- Wash it off after it dries up.
- Oatmeal and honey are nutritious not just for eating but also for skin too.
- It helps in removing the unclogged pores and makes your skin bright.
#2. Fruit peels
- Orange or lemon fruit dried peel powder.
- Honey drops.
- Warm water drops.
- Take peals of orange or lemon fruits and dry them in the sun.
- Make powder of it after it dries completely.
- Add warm water drops in it and mix well.
- Later, add few honey drops in it and mix again
- After it becomes a smooth paste, apply it directly on the clean and dried feet.
- Use this remedy every day to get better results.
- The above remedy is also called as an exfoliating agent that heals your skin naturally.
- It provides you bright and clear skin if it is used every day.
#3. Steaming technique
- Warm bathing water in a tub.
- Steam towel.
- Soak in your feet in the warm water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Next, use steam exposed towel and use it on your feet.
- Keep it there for the same amount of time.
- You can use a cleanser or astringent to clean the area.
- This unique technique is beneficial for you even if you don’t have any other ways to make masks and other recipes.
- It clears your pores and makes them dirt free.
#4. Papaya and banana masks
- Chopped papaya pieces: half cup
- Milk: 2 tsp.
- Honey: 2 tbsp
- Take papaya and mash all the pieces in a bowl.
- Add honey and milk to above quantities and mix again.
- After a smooth paste is obtained, apply it to the affected area and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Milk has skin brightening properties and it helps in the removal of dark spots from your skin.
- This is especially meant for dry skin since the unique blend of honey and papaya provides moisture.
#5. Milk and baking soda
- Milk: 3 or 4 tbsps.
- Baking soda: 2 tbsps.
- Clean your feet well.
- Dry it well using a clean towel or cloth.
- Now take a bowl and mix all the above-mentioned ingredients in it.
- Keep mixing it until you get a paste.
- Apply it on the feet.
- Now massage your feet and rub the paste as fast as you possibly can.
- Do this for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Leave your feet for 10 more minutes.
- Use a tissue or clean cloth to remove the paste from your skin.
- Apply moisturizer on your feet.
- This simple method helps your skin to become brighter and fairer.
- It removes the dark spots and brings back the original shine.
#6. Lemon and sugar scrub
- One lemon
- Crushed sugar: I tbsp.
- Wash the feet well using the proper cleanser and soak it in lukewarm water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take a knife and cut the lemon.
- Take the half lemon and rub powdered sugar on it.
- Scrub it over the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let your skin soak it all in for 5 more minutes.
- Apply moisturizer after you wash your feet with normal water.
- Sugar is natural skin caring agent that helps in the removal of dark spots and brings back your original brightened skin.
- Lemon is an organic bleacher that is used for lightening the skin and removing your dark spots.
#7. Gram flour
- Gram flour: 2 tbsp.
- Cucumber juice: 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice: 2 tsp.
- Tomato juice: 1 tbsp.
- Mix the above-mentioned ingredients in a clean bowl together and make it a fine paste.
- Clean your feet well and remove your nail-polish before you apply this.
- Dry your feet and apply the paste on your feet.
- Give your feet a massage for about 5 minutes and let it soak all of it for 20 minutes.
- After the paste on your feet dries up, use a wet cloth to scrub over your skin.
- Rinse the feet after that with normal water.
- Don’t forget to apply moisturizer.
- The gram flour helps in exfoliating your skin and brightens it.
- It also helps in removing the dark spots from your skin.
#8. Milk soak
- Milk: 1 glass
- Warm water
- Rose petals
- Take warm water in a small container and soak the feet in it for 20 minutes.
- Next, take warm milk and add warm water about 2 glasses. Also, add rose petals in it.
- Soak in your feet for more 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the milk by using normal water.
- You can also use a cotton ball and dip it into the mixture.
- Apply it on the affected areas.
- The lactic acid that is one of the components of milk helps in the maintenance of your skin texture.
- It lightens your dark spots and makes your skin smoother.
#9. Apple cider vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 tbsp.
- Water: 1 tbsp.
- Clean your feet well and dry them.
- Now mix the ingredients in a bowl properly.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the mixture. Apply it to your affected area.
- Let your skin soak it all in for 20 minutes.
- Wash your feet using cold water.
- Use this remedy daily for obtaining moisturized and bright skin.
- Apple cider vinegar has many vitamins and minerals essential for your skin to remain healthy.
- It further helps you to get spotless skin and removes the dark spots from your skin.
#10. Sugar and olive oil
- Crushed sugar: 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice: half tbsp.
- Take warm water in a container and soak in your feet for about 10 minutes.
- Dry your feet using a clean towel.
- Now take a clean bowl and mix the above-mentioned ingredients.
- Apply it on the affected area and exfoliate your skin.
- Do this for 5 minutes.
- Let your skin soak it all in for 5 more minutes.
- Wash your feet using normal water.
- Repeat this process daily.
- Sugar is said to be the best source of getting brightened skin when it is applied to the skin.
- The unique blend of crushed sugar and olive oil helps you to get rid of dead skin cells and dark feet.
#11. Coconut oil and sandalwood oil
- Drops of sandalwood oil
- Drops of coconut oil more than sandalwood.
- Take a bowl and add heavy coconut oil in it.
- Add few drops of sandalwood oil in it and mix well.
- Apply it on the affect areas.
- Use this method for every 3 days.
- Sandalwood oil and coconut are easier to obtain and they can provide many benefits to your skin.
- The unique mixture of these ingredients helps you to get rid of dark spots faster.
The above-mentioned list of remedies is beneficial for the removal of dark spots from your skin. You can also use other methods such as how to remove dark spots on toes from corns and turmeric powder to get the best benefit.
After using any of these methods regularly, you can find a major difference in your skin texture and color.
Preventing your skin from dark spots is one of the best ways to get away from those if you are not facing such problems.
- You must drink more water, shave properly and use efficient blades, and avoid hot water bath.
- You can also use jojoba oil and other gels that help in reducing pores. These methods can be helpful in providing you brighter and darkness free skin.
- You can also use turmeric powder with lime juice to get rid of darkened areas on your feet.
- After you apply the above-mentioned remedies, you must use a moisturizer on your skin to provide hydration. Using Vitamin E oil is another technique for making your skin better.
Let us know in the comment if you know other remedies to remove dark spots on feet.