Desire to look gorgeous isn’t sin, but things get worse when chronic ailments enter. Essential vitamins and minerals make hemp seed oil for psoriasis one of the best home remedies.
Few months back in a village I happened to meet a teenager whose scalp was filled with dry scaly patches. When inquired, he said its psoriasis. I asked him to hydrate the scalp with coconut oil to get rid of dryness.
It’s embarrassing to have chronic skin ailments. They almost ruin your physical appearance and shatter your social life. Thankfully, there are many home remedies that can relieve from this chronic ailment.
What triggers this skin ailment?
There are different theories rolling around causes of psoriasis. Still, mere cause of this ailment is unknown. Reports say that emotional stress, hereditary and foods like meat, fried food, dairy products, alcohol, citrus fruits may trigger psoriasis lesions.
During psoriasis, skin cells are generated with a rapid rate and the skin fails to shed them on time. As a result, silver scaly lesions are formed on different parts of the body including scalp.
Experts say that there is no permanent treatment for psoriasis, but you can reduce its symptoms with steroid creams, oral medication and home remedies. Of all, home remedies are inexpensive and aren’t associated with any side-effects.
Excellent thing about innate ingredients is, assorted vitamins in them will enhance your overall skin functioning.
Note: Patch test before applying hemp seed oil on the skin.
Also read: Lavender oil for psoriasis
Hemp Seed Oil for Psoriasis
- Omega-3 fatty acids residing in hemp oil can improve cell membrane, hydrate skin cells and wipe accumulated dead cells.
- Topical application or internal consumption of omega-3 fatty acids showed significant improvement in psoriasis condition. (1)
- Linoleic acid packed in hemp oil is converted to gamma linoleic acid in your body, which helps to reduce inflammation and balances the hormones. (2)
- Both omega -3 &6 fatty acids are renowned for their exceptional benefits for healthy skin. They lock the moisture on the skin and relieve from itching.
- Study claims that cannabinoids helps to inhibit rapid growth of skin cells and reduce inflammation.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory ability, hemp seed oil can effectively slow down the cell generation cycle.
- Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, D and E improve overall functioning of skin by making your skin supple and wrinkle free.
These were few notable benefits of hemp seed oil, which attracted many cosmetic industries. You can check the ingredients list of prominent beauty products for hemp seed oil extracts.
How to Use Hemp Seed Oil to Treat Psoriasis?
There are different ways you can use this innate remedy to relieve psoriasis. Both internal usage and topical application have shown positive effective.
According to DrAxe.com, consuming 2 tablespoons of hemp seed everyday will relieve common skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis.
- Wash the affected area with water or cleanse it to remove hanging silver patches.
- Make sure to be gentle and avoid scratching.
- Pat dry using soft cloth.
- Take unrefined hemp seed oil and damp the oil over prewashed lesions using cotton ball.
- Alternatively, mix hemp seed oil, shea butter and lavender oil to make it more effective.
- Aromatic smell of lavender oil can relieve you from stress and depression.
Repeat the process twice in a week for positive results. Linoleic acid housed in this oil increases sebum production and thus helps to improve skin texture.
Simple isn’t it?
Will you try hemp seed oil for psoriasis?
Important note: Though benefits of hemp seed oil seem enough to reduce psoriasis, you must consult dermatologist before trying this innate remedy. Pregnant women must stay away from using such remedies.