Banana peel for acne is an innate remedy recommended by many beauty experts because of nutritional properties in it.
It’s really amazing to know all those grandma remedies used years back are now being used as inexpensive safe alternative treatments. Sometimes natural route is the only way to go, when you fed up using chemical filled medicines.
Acne is common and every human being will experience it in lifetime. Health experts states that hormones are main cause behind these blemishes. If you’re in mid or late twenties, heads up acne blemishes are on its way. Popping out on forehead, chin or nose, these pimples are quite annoying and occasionally painful.
Yes, we’ve chemical peels to treat acne, but they may not work for everyone. And we’ve people like you who love natural remedies (we’re like you :)), so here comes our work to search and share home remedies to treat acne.
Banana peel, though it sounds so simple and crazy to use thrown flesh of banana for treating most common skin disease, it works. According to Alternative Home Remedies, banana peels has ability to reduce inflammation, redness and swelling. And you know acne lesion causes all the above mentioned symptoms.
How Banana Peel for Acne Works?
- Like banana fruit, its peel is filled with antioxidant, lutein and potassium that help to reduce blemishes and inflammation. Peel is also high in B6, B12 vitamins, magnesium, fiber and protein.
- These nutritional values housed in banana peel start effecting acne blemishes when you rub it over skin.
- You can add this flesh to your beauty regimen to hydrate your skin.
- Assorted properties in banana peel helps to fade wrinkles and scars over skin.
Also read: Shea Butter for Wrinkles
That being said you must change your diet to prevent acne and for fast recovery.
Using Banana Peels to Treat Acne and Acne Scars
You don’t have to be a beauty expert to do this.
- Just bring fresh bananas and wash them.
- Pat dry with a dry cloth, and peel its flesh.
- Cut peels into small pieces to easily rub over skin.
- Wash your face and start rubbing banana peel over acne blemishes. (place inner layer of the peel over skin)
- Take other pieces when this one turns brown. Repeat the process for 20 minutes, then with a dampened cloth remove excess pulp.
Note: Don’t rub harder, it may break acne lesions. [Also read: Home Remedies for Acne Scars]
Go with this process regularly without miss. With banana peel you can also fade acne scars. Ha! You can eat banana fruit or make banana face mask.
Honestly your acne will not disappear miraculously, all natural remedies react slowly but they come with no side-effects. Consuming banana is going to improve your blood circulation and lowers cholesterol level. If you found good results with banana peel for acne or acne scars then do share your story here in comments.