White patches appeared on face, neck and chest ruin your appearance. Aloe vera for vitiligo is one of the effective remedies that you’ll learn today.
Though these patches aren’t associated with any serious ailments, people try to get rid of them out of cosmetic concern.
Home available remedies like aloe vera and cosmetic creams can fade or lighten the appearance of white patches but do not treat this disorder completely. (mayoclinic.org)
What Are Causes & Symptoms of Vitiligo?
The main cause of vitiligo is unknown.
However, experts say that this condition is triggered because of autoimmune disease. In other words, your own immune system attacks melanocytes, which are responsible for skin color. Thus the loss in melanin results in white patches.
- Oxidative stress
- Genetic alterations
- Changes in skin pigment are cause of vitiligo
Hereditary, UV rays and chemical incorporated products also result in this disorder.
Skin discoloration is the main symptom of vitiligo. These white patches may appear on different parts of the body but initially starts with most exposed parts like face, neck, hands, mouth, and nose. (Source)
Though it is not contagious in most cases it may spread to other parts of the body. Also, many people with vitiligo face difficulties in marriage.
Does Aloe Vera Work for Vitiligo?
Researchers state that aloe gel is packed with 75 active contents including vitamins, enzymes, sugars, minerals, lignin, amino acids, salicylic acid, and saponins.
- Healing properties exhibited by nutrients in aloe gel help to lighten the appearance of white spots.
- Sticky nature of aloe gel helps to remove impurities piled over the skin.
- Gibberellins and Glucomannan residing in aloe gel exhibit healing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities.
- Rejuvenating property of this sticky gel improves your skin texture.
- Fatty acids housed in aloe gel hydrates your skin and exhibits anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamins like C, E and A packed in the aloe vera gel helps to promote collagen, elastin production and fade white patches.
- Researchconcludes that aloe has healing and other active compounds that can reduce inflammation.
- Aloe displays anti-inflammatory effect, which can be used to treat various skin ailments.
- Internal consumption of aloe vera juice can improve the immune (source)
- Researchers say that assorted properties in aloe gel can guard skin against inflammation and harmful effect of UV rays.
Also read: Aloe vera for Acne Scars
How to Use Aloe Vera for Vitiligo?
As mentioned above, experts say that vitiligo can’t be cured. However, regular use may get you out of the aesthetic appearance.
Now that you’ve been through all nutritional benefits of aloe vera gel, let’s now check out how to use it.
#1 Aloe Vera for White Spots on Skin
You can find ready-made aloe vera gel at any drug store. But, beauty experts recommend using the raw form to see effective and long lasting results.
If you don’t have an aloe plant, borrow it from your neighbor and assure to plant one aloe vera in your garden or pot, it has abundant health and beauty benefits.
- Wash the affected part before apply aloe vera gel.
- Topically apply the oozing aloe vera gel over white patches and leave it to dry.
- Though it has no side-effects, patch test before trying it on your face.
- Leave the aloe gel to dry naturally and rinse it off.
You can optionally add other innate ingredients to make this home remedy more effective.
#2 Honey and Aloe Vera for Vitiligo
Honey is packed with exceptional nutrients that can enhance collagen production, fade aging wrinkles and white spots.
Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties in raw honey restrain bacterial infection and reduce inflammation.
- Peel aloe vera leaf and take out the gel.
- Slice the gel into small pieces and blend it with 2 table spoon of raw honey.
- Add water if need to form a thick paste like consistency.
- Rinse your face and apply this face mask over affected parts.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
#3 Aloe Vera and Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV is packed with alpha –hydroxy acids that exfoliate your skin and nutrients residing in it help to lighten the appearance of scars and white spots.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water.
- Now add 1 tbsp of fresh aloe gel to the solution.
- Mix well and apply it over pre-washed
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
#4 Aloe Vera Toner
This homemade toner helps to improve the overall functioning of the skin.
- Brew 1 cup of green tea with 2 tea bags.
- Add 1 tbsp of aloe gel with prepared green tea.
- Stir thoroughly and it on white spots using a cotton
- Apply this toner before going to bed.
- Rinse it off with water in the morning.
#5 Turmeric and Aloe Vera for Vitiligo
Antioxidant activity exhibited by curcumin helps to reduce oxidative stress. Nutrients in turmeric help in skin rejuvenating and improve skin texture.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of aloe gel with 1 tsp of gram flour and ½ tsp of turmeric powder.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply the obtained paste on the face.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#6 Aloe Gel and Tea Tree Oil
Because of its antifungal, immune stimulating, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, tea tree essential oil helps to reverse vitiligo.
Pure tea tree oil has the ability to cleanse your skin and help you obtain radiant skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel with few drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Wash your face to cleanse impurities and pat dry using a clean cloth.
- Apply the mask and leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
#7 Drinking Aloe Vera Gel for Vitiligo
As mentioned above 75 active components in aloe vera gel can help to improve your overall health, skin, and hair.
So to reap its benefits, you can ingest this sticky gel.
Mix it with orange juice or just swallow small pieces of aloe gel. You may not like the taste, but you’re going to love its benefits.
- Wear sunscreen while going out to avoid vitiligo.
- Hydrate your skin internally and topically using natural remedies.
- Cleanse your face twice in a day to remove impurities and dead cells.
- Ingest vitamin rich diet like turmeric powder, olive oil, dates, figs, black pepper and apples to combat vitiligo.
- Foods that you must avoid include raw tomato, raw garlic, papaya, grapes, dairy products, and fish.
- White spots differ from person to person.
- If you’re allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned above, then avoid using them.
- Consult physician if the problem persists.
Did you ever use aloe vera gel for vitiligo? Share your views and recipes in comments.