Due to different types of factors, most of the world’s population is suffering from some sort of skin related problems. Skin problems like eczema, acne, psoriasis, hives, rosacea etc. are widespread. This write-up is about using potato for dark underarms with different recipes listed.
Having dark underarm is not something very alarming or dangerous. But it can be a considerable cause of lack of self-confidence. You don’t feel perfect when you have dark underarms especially if you are wearing sleeveless clothes.
Despite being a relatively harmless condition, you shouldn’t ignore the darkness of your underarms as prolonged darkness can undoubtedly cause some severe skin related problems.
There are loads of readymade and ready to use lotions and creams available in the market which are producing mix results. If you are looking to remove the darkness of your underarm naturally, the potato can be one of the best, more importantly, safe option for you.
Potato is known for its significant effects on different types of abnormal or unhealthy skin conditions. Potato contains a large number of vitamin C and antioxidants, and therefore it is perfect for different skin conditions.
Why is potato very useful in case of dark underarms? What are the causes of dark underarms? Is potato perfect for whitening dark underarms? We will also discuss how beneficial potato is for skin, especially in case of dark underarms.
You will have an idea about using potato differently with different ingredients for maximum results. Last but not least, we will learn how to prevent dark underarms. Let’s have a look at the causes of dark underarms.
What Causes Dark Underarms?
Shaving is one of the most common causes of dark underarms. Using sharp razors constantly can surely cause darkness of underarms. Too much shaving of underarms can make your skin hard as well as dark.
Another prevalent cause is using different types of deodorants and antiperspirants. Everyone wants to smell nice, but very few people care about what he or she are actually using. How harmful can a particular substance be, especially for skin?
Deodorants contain different types of chemicals, and constant usage of deodorants can cause the hardness and even rashes of the skin. If your skin is slightly sensitive, it can be very harmful to you to use any deodorant.
3. Friction caused by clothes
Another prevalent cause behind the darkness of underarms is wearing different types of clothes. There are plenty of options available in the market when you talk about the quality and types of clothes. Wearing tight and hard clothes can inevitably cause darkness and hardness of your underarms.
4. There are some other causes of dark underarms as well
For example, accumulation of dead cells, hyperpigmentation, bacterial infection, smoker’s melanosis, Addison’s diseases and melisma etc.
Is Potato Good for Dark Underarms?
This is the center of our discussion. How is a useful potato in case of dark underarms? Why is potato very useful in loads of skin related problems? We have got a hint about the effectiveness of potato in different skin conditions in an introductory section of the article.
We will now discuss why to use potato for whitening underarms. How potato is delicious in dark underarms and other skin related problems.
#1 Stimulation of Collagen
Potatoes are very rich in vitamin C, which is an excellent antioxidant. Free radicals can damage the skin cells which can cause darkness of underarms. Vitamin C is very useful to slow down the process of skin damage. Vitamin C can also stimulate collagen production. Rubbing slices of potatoes or applying potato juice can be very useful in cell ageing, can stimulate the production of collagen and hence can reduce the severity of darkness.
#2 Potato is a beautiful moisturizer
Dryness of the skin can also cause the roughness and darkness of the skin. Potato is used for treating different types of skin related problems mainly because of its moisturizing capacity. Potato can effectively moisturize the skin and hence can inevitably reduce the effects of dark underarms.
#3 Deep cleansing properties
Presence of unwanted and unhealthy particles skin can cause the roughness and darkness of the skin. Potato is a great cleanser as well. It can reduce the presence of unwanted and unhealthy particles from your underarms and can make it clear and white.
#4 A natural bleach
Potato alone can be used as a very useful bleach. It is capable of replacing the dull and dead skin cells with glowing new skin. Using potato slices or even the potato juice can reduce the darkness of underarms.
#5 Exfoliates your skin
Vitamin C present in the potatoes can improve the colour as well as tonicity of the skin. Dead cells of the skin can remain on the skin layers for so long which can cause dullness and dryness of the skin.
Vitamin C is convenient to reduce the cohesion between dead cells and skin and hence make them leave the skin layers. It is also very useful to aid new cells to come out of the skin layer faster. Dark underarms can cause dullness of the skin. Using potato can be a great idea to bring the tonicity and natural colour of the skin back.
How to Use Potato for Dark Underarms?
As we have already learnt, using potatoes can help you to get rid of dark underarms, you can increase its effectiveness by using it smartly and with other skin-friendly ingredients. Let’s have a look at some of the very useful recipes made with potatoes to reduce the darkness of underarms. In this segment, we are going to discuss only the benefits of another ingredient (s) used in each recipe.
#1. Sliced Potato
- Peel the potato and cut into thin slices.
- Take a slice and massage gently on the affected area(s).
- You can also extract the juice from potato.
- Keep the juice on the affected area for 15-20 minutes and then wash with clean water.
- You can achieve excellent results by using it daily for some days.
#2. Potato with Honey
Honey is known for its significant effects on different types of skin conditions. It can be beneficial to reduce the darkness of underarms as well. Honey has terrific antibacterial properties and is full of antioxidants as well. Honey can reduce the process of cell ageing; it has some beautiful moisturising and soothing effects as well.
- Grate one potato and extract its juice.
- Take 3 tbsp. Potato juice and 2 tbsp. honey and mix them well with a spoon.
- Apply appropriately on the affected skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with water.
- Follow the process daily for good results.
#3. Potato Paste with Fuller’s Earth
Benefits of Fuller’s Earth: Fuller’s Earth has been one of the oldest and most effective natural beauty product being used since ages. It can effectively absorb the excess oil from the skin. Fuller’s Earth is perfect to moisturise the skin as well. In addition to removing excess oil from the skin, it can also reduce the sebum from the skin and hence can reduce the darkness from underarms.
- Take a bit of potato pulp and Fuller’s Earth and prepare a fine paste.
- Apply the mixture correctly under your arms.
- Leave the mixture for half an hour and then wash off with clean water.
- Follow the method twice a week for outstanding results.
#4. Potato with Tomato
Benefits of Tomato: Tomato is equally effective in different skin conditions including dark underarms. Tomato is being used for treating different types of skin related problems due to its wide range of skin benefits.
In addition to increasing the fairness of skin, the tomato is very useful to maintain the pH of the skin as well. Increased acidic nature of the skin can also cause different types of skin related problems. By maintaining the pH level of the skin, tomato can be very useful to maintain the fairness of even your dark underarms.
- Blend one potato and make a fine paste.
- Take one tomato and mash it properly with hands.
- Combine both ingredients properly and apply on the affected parts.
- Let it rest for half an hour and then clean with fresh water.
- Repeat the process daily for better results.
#5. Potato with Yogurt
Yogurt face mask can be incredibly useful in most of the unhealthy skin conditions. Lactic acid present in the yogurt can help to dissolve the dead cells caused due to dark underarms and can increase the fairness as well as tonicity of the skin. Using yogurt for dark underarms can help you to get a smooth and soft skin as well.
- Blend one potato and make a fine paste.
- Mix 2 tbsp. potato pulp with 1 tbsp. yogurt.
- Mix thoroughly and apply the mixture under your arms.
- Keep it on for at least 20 minutes and then wash off with clean water.
- Follow the process regularly for better results.
#6. Potato with Olive Oil
Olive oil has been used in beauty products for decades. It is full of skin benefits. It is packed with antioxidants. In addition to combating the free radicals, olive oil can be beneficial to moisturize the skin as well.
As we have learnt, dryness of the skin can also cause dark underarms, using olive oil regularly can help you to reduce the chances of getting dark underarms.
- Extract the juice of one potato and add 1 tbsp. olive oil to it.
- Just apply the mixture thoroughly on the skin.
- Let it rest for 1 hour and then wash appropriately with fresh water.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week.
#7. Potato with Cucumber, Lemon and Turmeric
Cucumber contains a lot of vitamin C and caffeic acid, both of them are great for skin. The coldness of cucumber can reduce the irritation and thickness of the skin. Lemon juice is one of the most effective and beneficial juices for the skin.
In addition to being a great moisturizer, lemon can reduce the excessive production of collagen. There are some other incredible skin benefits of lemon as well. Turmeric is known for its healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Using turmeric in case of dark underarms can reduce the inflammation of the skin
- Blend one tomato and ½ cucumber and make a fine paste.
- Add 1 tbsp. of lemon and 1 tbsp. turmeric to the paste and stir the mixture properly.
- Apply appropriately under your arms and leave for half an hour.
- Wash thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice a week.
#8. Potato with Milk and Glycerin
Both milk and glycerin are very active to maintain the smoothness and softness of the skin. Dark underarms can undoubtedly cause the hardness of the skin. Using milk or glycerin can be very useful to reduce the darkness caused due to the darkness of underarms.
- Extract the juice of one potato and add 1 tbsp. of milk and 2-3 drops of glycerin.
- Apply the mixture correctly on the affected area.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes and then wash off with fresh water.
- Repeat the process regularly for excellent results.
#9. Potato with Egg White
Oily skin can be a prominent cause of dark underarms. Moisture or oil under your arms can be helpful for bacterial growth. Egg white is known for controlling the excessive moisture and oil of the skin.
- Extract the juice of half potato.
- Break 1 egg and separate white portion and then mix with potato juice.
- Apply a thin layer to the affected part(s).
- Leave the mixture until it gets dried properly.
- Clean it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply a gentle deodorant for avoiding the foul smell of egg white.
#10. Potato with Egg White, Cucumber, Yogurt and Baking Soda
Benefits of Baking Soda: Baking soda is known for its mild and gentle exfoliating properties. It also has excellent anti-bacterial properties. It can prevent the growth of bacteria around your underarms and can aid the process of whitening of underarms.
- Blend a few slices of potatoes and cucumber.
- Add 1 egg white, 2 tbsp. plain yogurt and 1 tbsp. baking soda.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and prepare a fine paste.
- Apply thoroughly on the affected areas.
- Wash off with fresh water.
- Follow the process regularly.
#11 Boiled Potato with Milk Powder and Almond Oil
Benefits of Milk Powder and Almond Oil: Milk powder is rich in vitamins and minerals. It can gently lighten and smoothen the skin. Due to its light texture, Almond Oil can easily absorb into the skin and can improve the overall health of the skin from inside.
- Boil potato, peel it and smash it properly.
- Add 2 tbsp. milk powder and 1 tbsp. almond oil.
- Stir the mixture well and apply thoroughly on the skin.
- Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process thrice a week.
#12. Potato with Applesauce
Applesauce can be helpful to remove the darkness and roughness of the skin thanks to its acidic properties. It can adequately maintain the younger and glowing skin.
- Blend 1 potato and add 2-3 tbsp. applesauce.
- Apply the mixture thoroughly on the affected part(s).
- Let it rest for half an hour and then wash off with fresh water.
- Repeat the process on a regular basis.
Tips to Prevent Dark Underarms
- Do not use sharp razors for shaving.
- Use only mild and gentle deodorants.
- Keep your body clean, moisturized and hydrated.
- Wear only soft, light and slightly loose clothes.
- Make a slight change in your diet and add enough veggies to it. Having green tea instead of milk tea can also be very useful.
Did you ever use potato to whiten dark underarms? Share your recipe in comments.