People’s perception to see the image of an underarm varies from one to another. Someone sees it as a tickle spot while for others it’s a source of embarrassment from skin darkening.
The good news, however, is that you can use apple cider vinegar for dark underarms. But does it really work? We will see that in a while.
Both men and women have darkened arms, but it’s more common for women to be anxious about it. They try their best to ignore the circumstances when they have to wear sleeveless dresses and bathing suits with dark underarm.
You might be one of these women, or perhaps a man who has been embarrassed by a woman. And you might even have tried every possible treatment, from chemicals to creams. But nothing seemed to work; otherwise, you wouldn’t be reading this article.
Also read: Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Melasma?
What Causes Dark Underarms?
1. Dead skin cells
Not only underarms, but your entire body is affected by it. It’s accumulated over your skin. That’s why cleaning of the whole body every day is a must.
But if you are not hygienic enough, you may be inviting dead skin cells to make underarms their private homes.
2. Shaving the hair
You must have noticed that your skin suddenly turns dark after few hours of shaving, even after using good treatment for it. The main reason for this could be the hair itself. They automatically grow after shaving is done.
All you might have had seen is the rough surface of hair that is growing back. You can use plucking or waxing to avoid it.
Erythrism is a bacterium that can cause your dark underarms. It starts from pink patches and it turns into ugly brown scale surface. It mostly affects people in either warm climates or having diabetes.
4. Frictions of tight clothes
One of the most sensitive areas of your body is underarms. And wearing tight clothes can cause friction in that area. Discoloration is the primary effect of it. Try to avoid tight clothing as far as possible.
5. Hormonal imbalance
If you have a thick brownish patch on one of your sensitive skin then you must understand that it’s because of Acanthosisnigricans. It’s a medical term for darkened thick patches that mostly occurs because of hormonal imbalance.
Other reasons for this condition is diabetes, obesity etc. you can always consult your doctor for this.
6. Use of antiperspirants
They usually consist of chemicals that can react with your delicate skin that often leads to discoloration. You won’t notice in your day to day life. But if you stop using these products altogether, your underarms will look different.
This mainly happens because of antiperspirants. And thus, it’s safe to say that you can switch to deodorants, rather than using a combination of both.
It’s a common condition where melanin is overproduced and some part of your skin turns darker. It forms deposits on the skin, but you don’t have to be anxious about it.
There are many home remedies out there for hyperpigmentation and you can always consult a dermatologist.
Related: How to Use Coconut Oil for Dark Underarms?
Is ACV Good for Dark Underarms?
You get many skin and health benefits after using apple cider vinegar to whiten dark underarms. Some of those are cited below:
- Apple cider vinegar contains amino acids that dissolves the dead cells and also burns the extra fat.
- The lactic and malic acids reduce the scar on the skin.
- It restores the pH value of the skin.
- The antibacterial quality that ACV has kills harmful bacteria.
- The hydroxyl in ACV removes excess of oil and dirt from the skin making it look clean and clear.
- It allows your skin to be free from clogged pores.
- It detoxifies your body with the help of several enzymes and bacteria.
- It cleans your liver from toxins and makes you feel healthy.
- It also helps you to maintain blood sugar level to prevent many health problems.
- The Malic acid in ACV will help you to have regular bowel activities.
ACV has its impact on the digestion system that can make your skin look younger and brighter.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Dark Underarms?
While you can still use costly chemicals or creams for your underarms, ACV for dark underarms is cheaper and more effective method. Here are the top 9 methods to use apple cider vinegar for underarm whitening.
#1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Firstly, clean your underarm thoroughly.
- Then take cotton ball and dip it in the apple cider vinegar liquid.
- Apply it to the skin and let it soak, don’t rinse it.
- You can also wear clothes.
- You can do your daily work after the ACV starts to dry.
Repeat the process three times a day for effective usage. Do this daily to get a beautiful bright skin.
#2. Armpit Scrub
The mixture of baking soda and cider vinegar will make your skin free from dead cells, oils, toxins. It lightens the skin tone and removes discoloration. But to get this result you have to include the scrub in your discipline.
- First mix one teaspoon of baking soda in ACV.
- You will see it fizzing; just wait for it to stop.
- Apply the paste to your underarms and scrub it gently.
- After few minutes clean the area or take a bath instead.
#3. Apple Cider Vinegar with Water
If you are a busy person, this is the most efficient and effective way to remove dark underarms. People with sensitive or dry skin usually use this method because of its easy nature. You just have to add water to it to reduce the acidic level.
- First, take 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in one cup of water.
- Mix them well for few minutes. Rinse it on your underarms and let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Take a bath after that.
- Repeat the process every day until your underarms get rid of the dark skin.
#4. An Underarm Mask with Turmeric
You can find many such masks, but the best method is to use apple cider vinegar for skin whitening purposes.
- Take 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and add a little turmeric to it.
- Stir it well.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it as a mask on your underarms.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, you can take your bath.
Include this in your daily schedule for the bright skin.
#5. Clay and ACV Mask
It is effective in removing dirt and dead skin cells. It also helps you to get rid of tanning.
- Take apple cider vinegar, water, and one bentonite clay and stir them well.
- Stir well to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your clean underarms.
- Leave it at rest for 20 minutes.
- After that, rinse it with lukewarm water.
Repeat it daily to get bright and fresher results.
#6. Underarm Spray
A spray will help your underarms to look lighten in tone. The rosewater used with ACV is a good combination for soothing the skin and clear the dead skin cells.
- Take 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil in it.
- Further, add a half cup of rose water and stir well.
- Pour it in a sprayer and use it on your underarms before going to sleep.
- Leave it for the night.
You can also use it a toner for your underarms and it will get you the same results.
#7. ACV with Coconut Oil
Your skin will be detoxified and lightened as well. You can even moisturize your skin with this method.
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 more of coconut oil and mix them in a bowl.
- Apply the liquid on your clean underarm and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water and bathe it with cool water as well.
- Repeat this process daily.
#8. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath
This is my favorite one. You just have to get your bathtub ready, of course, if you have one.
- Just add one cup of apple cider vinegar in the warm water and get in.
- Let your skin soak it all in for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this thrice a week.
#9. Apple Cider Vinegar and Rice Water
Rice flour is a package of good qualities. If you mix it with ACV, it will eliminate the harmful bacteria and get rid of smelly underarms.
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Add one tablespoon of rice flour in it.
- Stir them well so that it becomes a fine paste.
- Apply it after a hot water bat on your armpits.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Do this three times in a week.
Important Tips for Dark Underarms
- Start wearing loose cotton clothes rather than tight once.
- If you are using ACV for the first time, make sure to perform a skin patch test to see if you are allergic to it.
- To get best benefits, use unfiltered, raw, organic and unpasteurized ACV.
- Apple cider vinegar can increase your skin sensitivity, it is better to apply a sunblock or sunscreen before going out in the sun.
- Before going to shower, just make sure you have exfoliated the skin. It removes the dead skin cells and stops your skin from discoloring.
Use of any of the above-mentioned methods of apple cider vinegar for dark underarms will definitely get you good benefits.
Which recipe did you find worth trying? Let us know in the comments.