Owning a younger looking skin is a goal every women wishes to achieve. Who doesn’t want to have smooth fine lines and radiant skin even when they turn 40 on the clock of age? Even the wealthiest of the women want to know the secret to look young, don’t they?
But the modern women’s dilemma is polluted environment, unhealthy lifestyle, and early signs of aging. Women these days fail to keep a balance between work and lifestyle and end up wondering if there is any special recipe of Skincare for 40-year old women.
Bitter truth is that according to age factor after 30 females skin start looking dull, wrinkles knock on your face, your face lines appear darker etc. Women try new BB, CC and Anti-aging creams but they never get satisfied.
Well it’s time you kick off your skin care worries and learn how to take care of your skin at the age of forty.Read on this article to embrace your age with your beautiful skin. Adore your true beauty and charm at the age of 40’s by following our best skin care tips.
Why Does Skin Wrinkles with Age?
As the year passes, we grow old, resulting in the formation of fine line over the delicate facial skin. Wrinkles are the reality of life and there is nothing to shy away from it.
Every skin has to face this harsh reality of ageing with signs sooner or later. Let’s have a look at the process of wrinkle formation and learn why our skin wrinkles with age?
- The outer layer of skin is called epidermis which acts as a barrier to the external environment.
- The epidermis contains a good amount of collagen, elastin, and glycosaminoglycan’s. But as we age, the epidermis loses its elasticity.
- Wrinkles in skin happen in two stages the first stage is intrinsic ageing and the second stage is extrinsic ageing.
- Intrinsic ageing – It happens only due to physiological factors .When women cross 20, their skin produces 1 per cent less collagen. Our skin starts to become thicker and loses its elasticity.
- The formation of fine line occurs because exfoliation process of skin start decreasing
- During the late thirties, the estrogen level drops and the skin turns more dry and wrinkled.
- Extrinsic ageing always happens because of environmental damage like sun burning, free radical formation, pollution and stress.
Because of all these factors, the outer layer of skin appears wrinkled as collagen production drops down toa very low level.
Best Skin Care Tips for 40 Year Old Woman
Prevention is better than cure, goes a saying. It is always better to take care of your skin early in life to escape the chances of appearance of wrinkles.
When you cross the age of 40, you should always learn anti-ageing tips. These tips will be like right beauty regime, proper diet, exercise and yoga and above all love your skin.
Here are the important skin care tips for you.
In the forties, skin became very dry. So our first aim should be the regular exfoliation of these dead cells from skin.
- You have to choose a scrub according to your skin type. If your skin is dry, you can choose a scrub which not only cleanse you but also moisturize you.
- If you have an oily skin, you can use an oil-based scrub. Normal skin can use any kind of scrub. You should do exfoliation 2 or 3 times a week for a healthy skin.
#2 Protection from the sun
Protection from the UV rays is very important. Ultra violet rays of the sun damages the skin by decreasing melanin level.
- When you go out from the house always use at least SPF 15 sunscreen. It is best if you use SPF 35 or SPF 50.
- Avoid going out during daytime from 11 am to 3 pm because this is the time the sun is at the peak.
#3 Use a moisturizer
As soon as you hot 40; develop a habit of keeping your skin hydrated. The reason behind this is the oil producing gland of skin becomes less active. When the amount of oil decreases, it’s obvious for skin to turn dry.
#4 Take care of eyes first
Eyes are the most important part of our face. The sign of ageing mostly starts appearing with the formation of lines under the eyes. Dark spots under eyes and wrinkle around eyes start appearing in the forties.
Thus it is recommended to take extra care of eyes whenever you step out of your home or resting at your comfort den.
- Always use a good eye cream for your eyes.
- Always wear a pair of sunglasses when you leave from house.
- Pamper your eyes with cool cucumber slices.
#5 Always try right combination of cosmetic
The cosmetic industry is flooded with brands. At times it becomes difficult to choose the right product for your skin.
We often tend to get carried away by unrealistic promises from famous brands. It is necessary to make a judicious decision by choosing the right product that suits your skin.
Consult a dermatologist or a skin expert. But new products in small quantity and if it yields results, buy a bigger pack.
Try to use skin care products of the same brand and avoid mixing products. Experimentation is good with lip color or nails paint not definitely with your moisturizer, tones or face wash.
#6 Choose home made over synthetic cosmetics
Believe it or not homemade face packs though inconvenient to prepare are best for your skin. They are freshly made and brighten your skin and removes blemishes naturally.
Gram flour paste tightens skin and acts as an excellent scrub. The best part about homemade remedies is they are easy on the pocket.
#7 Bring a healthy change in your diet
There is no age to appreciate good food, agreed. But what we eat directly gets reflected on our skin. Ditch the junk for awhile and choose veggies and diary for a while and see the change on your skin.
Yoga and physical exercise make your hormones and sebaceous glands work better making your skin glow. Sweat it out to let the progesterone secrete more your skin will do the taking.
Green tea and Aloe Vera juice detoxifies your body and with its antioxidants, the skin gets rejuvenated imparting a health glow. Follow all these tips religiously as they can be used in Skincare for 40-year-old woman
Home Remedies for Skin Care for 40 Year Old Woman
1. Egg pack
Egg contain good amount of protein and vitamin. It makes skin softer and removes the fine lines from the delicate under eye skin.
- Take one white egg one tablespoon lemon juice and one and half milk cream
- Mix all the three ingredients
- Apply it on your face and neck
2. Aloe Vera mask
Aloe Vera is always considered as natural anti-aging cream. It has antioxidants which can heal the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Regular use of aloe vera mask is best skincare for 40 year old woman.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel and one egg white
- Make a paste by mixing these ingredients
- Massage your face with this mask gently
- Leave it for half an hour
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- If you want better result you can use this paste twice a week
3. Baking soda mask
This exfoliating mask can be used for removing dead cells and impurities. It is also very helpful in reducing the wrinkles of face
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of water
- Mix all the ingredients well and make a paste
- Scrub your skin in a circular motion
- Rinse with clean water
- Apply moisturizer after your skin dries
- This scrub should be used twice a week
4. Cucumber pack
Who doesn’t know about the hydrating properties of Cucumber? It contains 95 % water and keeps skin hydrated. After regular use you can see the result it reduced the wrinkles and dark spots.
- Take one fresh cucumber and extract its juice
- Apply this juice over your face and let it dry
- After few minute rinse you face with clean water
- For better result you can use this mask once in a day
5. Turmeric face mask
Turmeric have healing properties while sugarcane removes dead cells from skin. This face mask also controls the loosening of skin.
- Take one tablespoon turmeric powder and half sugarcane juice
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply it all over you face
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- Use this mask twice a week.
6. Fresh Aloe Vera Mask
You can take fresh Aloe Vera leaves, peel the leaf and directly apply the gel to your skin. If you don’t find aloe Vera plant nearby your place then buy a simple aloe Vera gel from the market.
- Apply aloe Vera gel to your face.
- Let it sit for half an hour.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat daily for a month to find a new radiance on your face.
You can also drink aloe Vera juice
7. Cinnamon mask for wrinkles
This is a great anti-ageing mask. It helps in removing free radicals. This mask also has anti inflammatory properties and anti microbial properties
- Take half teaspoon cinnamon powder and one tablespoon
- Mix the ingredients and use this mixture as a mask.
- Apply it all over the face
- Leave for 10 to 15 minute then rinse with lukewarm water and pet dry
- Use this paste twice a week
Always remember that it is not for all skin type. Cinnamon mask is only recommended of oily skin.
8. Brown sugar pack
Brown sugar can also be used as an exfoliator on your face or for sensitive skin because it is softer than regular sugars. Want to know the best skincare for oily skin over 40? Try this recipe:
- Take a half tablespoon each of brown sugar and Aloe Vera gel in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients properly.
- Apply it on the affected skin.
- Gently massage it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water then pat it dry.
- You can repeat it thrice in a week.
9. Papaya and banana mask
Papaya contains enzymes such as papaya and banana contains vitamin. It is a good option for getting rid of the premature aging signs.
- For making this pest we will need a small piece of papaya and half banana
- Mash the fruits for making paste
- Apply on your forehead
- Leave for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water
- You should use this mask twice a week
10. Yogurt mask
Yogurt is very beneficial for skin as it contain lactic acid which is very helpful in opening the pore of skin. Yogurt recipes are the best homemade remedy for skincare for 40 year old woman.
- Take 3- 4 tablespoons yogurt and one tablespoon olive oil
- Mix the ingredients
- Stir the mixture well until the oil is blended with yogurt completely
- Apply this mask on your face and neck
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- After 20 minute, rinse with lukewarm water
11. Tomato mask
Tomato contain lycopene and beta carotene that is very helpful for sunburn. It is also in reducing dark spots and wrinkles.
- Take one tomato and 2 tablespoon sea salt
- Cut the tomato in two half
- Use one half of tomato and dip it in sea salt
- Squeeze the tomato pulp on your skin and leave it for five minutes.
- Then wash you face with lukewarm water.
- Use this paste twice a week.
12. Almond mask
This mask is the secret of the beauty of Kashmiri women. Almonds are rich in Vitamin E which is very helpful in maintaining the elasticity of skin. It makes skin supple and glowing.
- Take 5-6 almonds and 1/4 cup of milk
- Soak the almond in the milk overnight
- In the morning you have to remove the peels of almonds
- Now grind almonds with milk
- Apply this paste on face for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse with clean water
- You should use this mask twice a week
Important Tips for Skin Care
- Wear sunscreen as it can slow down the formation of wrinkles.
- Always wear long sleeve clothes, use an umbrella or a hat.
- Always rely on homemade recipes of skin care.
- Don’t stress your eyes by ogling at your smart phone scenes as they causewrinkles under the eyes.
Ageing is unavoidable. Celebrities take recourse of surgery and chemical treatments like Botox that is not feasible for common people.
Ageing however can be delayed by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and safe guarding the skin early from the agents that accelerates the process of ageing of the skin.
Above all happiness and self confidence is the best Skincare for 40-year-old woman.
Beauty is skin deep and age is just a number. Above everything, hold on to the confidence in your smile and the shine in your eyes that will never fade away with coming age and passing time!