These are packed with vitamins and are free from chemicals. Stay with me to learn uses of herbs for skin whitening.
A walk through the grocery aisle of your food store can reveal a wide array of beauty products-face wash, cleansers, anti-aging creams, soaps, and shampoos-claiming to give the best results.
But most of the commercial cosmetic products touted as “natural” are potentially dangerous.
Spotless skin symbolizes the real beauty. However, the polluted environment, constant exposure to sun, lack of skin care routines, and poor eating habits add up to skin problems.
It is every woman’s dream to have a healthy, glowing, and flawless skin. A routine skin care is one of the most important things if you want your dream to come true.
Unfortunately, this realization comes only after the damage has been done.
Have you ever asked your grandmother the secret to their flawless skin?
If you have, she must have told you how she never relied on chemical loaded products for fairness regimen; our ancestors instead used herbs for skin lightening.
Yet we often tend to ignore the miraculous effect of herbs on improving skin color and texture. These herbs restore the skin quality in a natural way. They are the most efficient, harmless and almost free.
Importance of Herbs for Health and Skin
There are many great herbs that can be used in the skin care regimen. From facial masks to lotions, to a quick acne remedy-you can use herbs for a variety of purposes.
Herbs do more than simply improving the texture of your skin, their restorative and healing powers are pretty impressive too. Here we are listing some of most significant uses of herbs for health and skin.
- Herbs like tulsi, rosemary, and mint aid the digestive process, and helps in curing digestive problems such as constipation, bloating diarrhea, and irritable bowel.
- Chamomile and rosemary are herbs that contain flavonoids, a nutrient that reduces the risk of heart attacks and prevents cancer.
- Some herbs contain terpenoids, a type of phytochemical that inhibits the growth and spread of tumors.
- Most of the herbs have antiseptic qualities to prevent stomach upsets and heal wounds.
- Herbs like Turmeric, Chandan, and Cucumber are used for skin lightening.
- If you have acne and uneven skin tone, use turmeric and below listed herbs for glowing skin.
Beauty Benefits of Herbs
Most of the women try a variety of chemical-loaded skin products to get rid of various skin disorders.
But the regular use of these products can harm the skin in long run. Skin lightening herbs do not contain any chemical, synthetic preservatives or additives.
They are skin-friendly; contain pure vitamins and minerals to keep your skin glowing and healthy.
There is a wide range of herbs that demonstrate excellent results on the skin. The herbal beauty ingredients are best because they don’t contain any chemical preservatives.
So, avoid using the products available in the market and look around your kitchen to find beauty products that guarantee good results and safe application. Want to know how? Read on.
10 Amazing Herbs for Skin Whitening
There are plenty of ways to use herbs for glowing skin. Depending on your skin type, and the availability of ingredients, you can choose any recipe to get fast and effective results. Check out the following remedies for herbal skin regimen.
Apart from this, you can also use herbal tea for skin whitening like green tea, ginger tea, peppermint tea and chamomile tea.
Chandan is one of the most popular herbs used as a skin lightening product since ages. It is very useful in the treatment of common skin problems such as blemishes, acne, rashes, and scrapes.
Chandan powder, when applied on skin, exhibits a calming effect that helps the body heal after the overexposure to the sun.
How to Use:
Chandan can be best used for getting rid of skin tanning.
- For this recipe, you’ll need to mix five teaspoons of coconut oil with two teaspoons of almond oil.
- To this mixture, add four teaspoons of sandalwood powder, and make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to the overexposed areas of skin, then allow it to dry for half an hour. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Turmeric has long been known as a blood purifier. It filters the toxicities out of the circulatory system and gives a natural radiance to the skin.
Turmeric has anti-aging and antibacterial properties, which makes it the best herbs for skin lightening. It also acts as a healer of the skin by reducing inflammation, blemishes, and helps prevent skin ailments.
How to Use:
- To brighten the skin, mix equal proportions of turmeric powder and rice powder.
- Add two tablespoons of tomato juice and two tablespoons of raw milk to the mixture and form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste evenly on your face for 30 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
This recipe can help remove skin tanning when applied to exposed areas.
#3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of the most used ingredients in homemade remedies. It is well-known for its anti-inflammatory, healing, anti-fungal, and restoring properties since ages.
Beauty conscious women can use this ingredient to treat several skin problems including pimple breakouts, acne, infections, blisters, skin wound, and allergies.
How to Use:
- Aloe vera gel extracted from this plant gives a cooling effect in reducing inflammation.
- It can be mixed with almond oil to treat pigmentation and reduce tanning.
- Aloe Vera Gel can be directly applied to the face for around 30 minutes.
Kesar is one of the most effective skin-whitening agents which can be used with olive oil for faster results. Kesar strands when soaked in raw milk bring an excellent glow to the skin and give it a natural radiance.
How to Use:
- Soak the strands of Kesar for half an hour in the water. When the water turns yellowish, add an equal amount of raw milk and olive oil.
- Mix well and apply this mixture evenly using a cotton ball.
- Wash off with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Try this at least once a week for best results.
Lemon Juice is suggested as the best skin lightening ingredient. It is considered a natural exfoliant that can improve the skin tone and lighten the skin to many shades. Lemon juice has Vitamin C, an element that reduces the dead skin cells and stimulates the production of the new cell.
Fresh lime juice is a natural astringent which can be applied to exfoliate the skin, remove suntan, and lighten the skin shade.
How to Use:
- For this recipe, you’ll need to squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon and mix it with equal parts of milk.
- Apply this mixture evenly to your face and neck, massaging it to your skin in circular motion.
- Leave it to rest for about 10 minutes, and rinse off under cool water.
Lime juice acts as a bleaching agent and the milk curdle promote cell renewal.
#6. Kumkumadi Oil (PharmaCopeia)
Kumkumadi Oil is a highly beneficial ingredient to get fairer skin. This oil is extracted from a mixture of 16 Ayurvedic herbs.
Regular use of this oil can effectively remove the tan, blemishes, and pimple marks.
How to Use:
- You can apply this oil directly to your face, and exposed area.
- Make sure to rub the oil on your skin, massaging in a circular motion for at least 2 minutes.
- Apply in a manner that it forms an even coat on your skin.
- Leave it, allowing the oil to sit for half an hour. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
For best results, repeat every night before you go to bed.
Carrot is known for its nourishing and moisturizing properties. It is one of the best natural exfoliants that makes the skin look smooth and bright. Carrot juice acts as a reliever for itchy skin and minor infections.
How to Use:
- Grate two carrots in a bowl and extract the juices by pressing in a linen cloth.
- To the extracted carrot juice, add a teaspoon of lime juice, stir well and apply this mixture evenly on your face.
- Allow it to dry for 20 minutes, rinse under lukewarm water, and moisturize your face.
Tulsi is known for its antiseptic and restorative properties. The juice extracted from tulsi leaves acts as a natural astringent to give freshness to the skin.
How to Use:
- Add 20 grams of tulsi leaves and orange peel in a blender to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- The regular application of this paste will reduce pimple marks and lighten the skin shade.
Related: Tulsi for Treating Acne
Cucumber juice is known for its powerful skin whitening agents. It has antioxidants and vitamin C that helps in removal of dark spots, tanning, and pimple marks.
Cucumber juices rejuvenate the skin cells and keep the skin bright and healthy.
How to Use:
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 2-3 teaspoons of cucumber juice, mix together in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture to your face and allow it to rest for half an hour.
- Rinse off under running water.
The regular use of this mixture will lighten your skin and hydrate your skin color to a great extent.
Also read: Is Cucumber Good for Skin Whitening?
Tomatoes are nature’s best exfoliant that keeps the skin healthy and removes the marks and blemishes with regular use. It also contains skin whitening agents to remove tan to a great extent.
How to Use:
- Deseed 2 medium sized tomatoes and crush them to extract juice.
- To the 3 tablespoons of tomato juice add 2 teaspoons of oatmeal and mix well.
- Add one teaspoon of yogurt and stir well.
- Apply this paste evenly on your face and neck; let it rest for 20 minutes, and then rinse off under running water.
- Try different exfoliating methods to remove dead skin cells.
- Adopt harmless natural remedies prepared from herbs.
- Apply sunscreen to protect your skin from sun exposure.
- Maintain a healthy diet including fruits and raw vegetables.
- Always keep your face clean.
Apart from the above-listed recipes and tips, it is also important to exercise and follow a balanced diet.
Yoga and exercises act as a source of positive energy and keep a person healthy. Add herbs and natural ingredients in your beauty regimen instead of wasting your money on synthetic products.
By using herbs for skin whitening, you can easily improve the texture of your skin, make it look brighter and get a natural radiance.
Did you ever use herbs for glowing skin?
Have you tried any of the recipes listed above? Let us know the results you noticed after using any of these recipes.