Gram flour or besan is renowned to treat acne, oily skin, pimples and improve skin complexion. Here you’ll learn on how to use gram flour for skin whitening.
Your skin gets its color from a pigment known as melanin. Extreme exposure to UV rays and other internal factors lead to excess production of this pigment resulting in dark spots.
Those who’re not aware of gram flour, it’s made from chickpeas (or Bengal gram). Brides in India and its neighboring countries use gram flour face pack traditionally. Renowned for its exfoliating property, gram flour along with other innate ingredients like turmeric, milk, and almonds are used as a body scrub.
Possible Reasons for a Dark Skin Discoloration on the Face
Excess exposure to sunlight, facial hair removal, hormonal changes, certain foods, medications and tight clothes are held responsible for dark skin complexion.
Apart from this, allergic reaction due to certain substances may leave your skin with dark patches. According to dermatologist radiation from laptops also result in hyperpigmentation.
Is Gram Flour Good for Skin Whitening
Alarming levels of dirt and chemical-filled creams make your skin dull. Apart from this, dead cells pile-up on your skin making it dry and prone to infection.
Though cosmetic exfoliators work to some extent, normally they either reap natural oil from skin or have short term results. Whereas natural ingredients have long lasting results and fortunately they’re inexpensive.
What are the benefits of besan for skin whitening?
- Topical application of gram flour controls the excess secretion of sebum.
- Assorted nutrients in this home available ingredient can lighten the appearance of dark spots.
- Like mentioned above lots of impurities accumulated over the skin can be wiped off using gram flour face mask.
- The alkalizing ability of besan helps to regulate pH level of your skin.
- Regular use this face mask (recipe below) along with turmeric to treat acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Unmatched agents in gram flour unclog pores and tighten them.
- Anti-aging properties help to reduce wrinkles and fine lines from your face.
- Nutrients in this innate ingredient can help to reduce inflamed lesions and reduce scars.
As it removes dirt, it effectively fades dark spots and makes your skin whitening.
How to Use Gram Flour for Skin Whitening?
One of the easiest recipes is to mix besan with water and apply it over your skin. But, to make it more effective, beauty experts recommend blending other natural ingredients.
#1 Milk Cream and Gram Flour Face Mask
Lactic acid in milk cream enhances your skin complexion and soothes your dry skin. High concentration of vitamins and minerals in milk cream can improve your overall appearance.
Gram flour is enough to lighten your skin. But to make up your face mask effective, I recommend adding innate ingredients. One of them is discussed below.
Things you’ll need
- Gram flour – 1 table spoon
- Milk cream (malai in Hindi) – 1 table spoon
- Raw honey – 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – few drops (limit its use, if you’ve sensitive skin)
Mix all listed ingredients in a clean bowl. Apply the face mask over pre-washed face. Let the assorted properties in gram flour face pack start affecting your skin. When it dries naturally, wipe off with cool water.
Initially use this face mask daily, and then apply it weekly once to do wonders.
#2 Almonds and Gram Flour Face Pack for Skin Whitening
It’s summer time and you need something natural, which can remove the tan effectively. Vitamin E and other antioxidants housed in almonds will thwart free radicals and tightens your skin.
- Almonds – 4-6
- Gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 drops
- Raw milk – 1 tbsp
Soak almonds in water over night and peel its skin. Mix powdered almonds and gram flour with other listed ingredients. Wash your face and topically apply the mask over face evenly. Let it dry naturally (it may take 15-20 minutes), then rinse it off.
You can skip lemon and raw milk.
#3 Turmeric and Besan for Skin Whitening
Curcumin packed in turmeric has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce acne lesions and stimulate fast healing. Free radicals residing in skin attack cell membrane and curcumin help you to fight them.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Raw milk – 2 tbsp
Thoroughly mix all the ingredients until you get a fine paste, initially wash your face and parts with acne scars. Now apply the face mask evenly over those scars. Don’t expect instant results, repeated application will face scars.
#4 Rose Water and Gram Flour
Phenylethanol packed in rose water exhibits astringent ability that helps to tighten your skin and shrink larger skin pores. Cleansing, moisturizing, healing and skin rejuvenating abilities residing in rose water are excellent for your skin.
- Add 4 tablespoons of rose water in 2 tablespoons of gram flour.
- Mix well and apply it over pre-washed
- Leave the face pack to dry naturally for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water. Use this simple remedy 2-3 times in a week.
#5 Lemon Juice and Gram Flour for Skin Lightening
Bleaching and acidic properties residing in lemon juice are prominent to fade dark spots. Anti-bacterial ability residing in lemon juice can prevent ailments.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour with the required amount of cucumber juice.
- You can replace cucumber juice with water.
- Also, add 4-5 drops of lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly and apply it on your skin after cleansing.
- Allow the face mask to dry naturally for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#6 Sandalwood Powder and Besan
Renowned for its beauty benefits, sandalwood mask can reduce complexion, wrinkles and can treat chronic ailments like acne.
- Take 1 tbsp of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder and 2 tbsp of rose water.
- Mix all listed ingredients thoroughly and apply it over pre-washed
- Rinse it off with water after 15-20 minutes.
#7 Gram Flour and Fenugreek
Vitamin K residing in fenugreek seeds helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots, scars and stretch marks. Vitamin A and B1 fasten the healing process and improve healthy functioning of your skin.
- Grind handful of fenugreek seeds after soaking it overnight in water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of gram flour to the paste and also mix few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Mix thoroughly and apply it on your face in circular motion.
- Allow it dry naturally for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#8 Tomato and Besan for Skin Whitening
These two ingredients will not just reduce age or dark spots, but nutrients in tomato can make your skin firm and youthful.
- Mash 1 ripe tomato into a paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of gram flour to the paste.
- Cleanse your face with water and pat dry.
- Apply the mixed mask on your skin and leave it to dry naturally for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
#9 Orange Peel and Gram Flour
Prominent for skin whitening properties, orange peel powder can be mixed in any of the natural ingredients. Assorted nutrients in this citrus fruit help to control excess sebum production and treat acne.
- Add ½ tbsp of orange peel powder with 1 tbsp of gram flour.
- Add ½ tablespoon of milk to form a smooth
- Mix well to obtain thick paste like consistency.
- Wash your face and pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Apply the gram flour face pack for skin whitening.
#10 Rice Powder and Gram Flour
Para aminobenzonic acid present in rice powder acts as a sunscreen. Tyrosinase housed in rice powder inhibits melanin production and also promotes collagen production.
- Take 2 tablespoons of gram flour and 1 tablespoon of rice powder.
- Add milk or water to make a smooth
- Apply this mask on pre-washed
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off.
#11 Egg White and Gram Flour
Nutrients in egg white help to remove impurities, tighten your skin firm and prevent ailments.
- Add 1 egg white in 1-2 tbsp of gram flour.
- Stir well to obtain smooth paste like consistency.
- Wash your face and remove the moisture with a cloth.
- Apply the mask and leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
#12 Green Tea and Gram Flour Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Natural exfoliator packed in green tea helps to remove dead cells and other impurities from your skin. Astringent, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties and other vitamins residing in green tea can help to obtain radiant skin.
- Brew green tea by adding 1 tea bag to hot water.
- Mix 2 tbsp of gram flour with 1 tbsp of honey and 2-3 tbsp of green tea.
- Apply this obtained face mask on your face and leave it to dry naturally for 15 minutes.
#13 Besan and Yogurt
Yogurt is packed with lactic acid which exhibits bleaching property. Apart from this, moisturizing, antibacterial and anti-aging abilities residing in this home available ingredient can’t be ignored.
- Blend 1 tbsp of besan with 1 tbsp plain yogurt and mix well.
- Apply the obtained paste on face, neck, underarms, and elbows.
- Leave the mask for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#14 Gram Flour and Ghee
- Warm some ghee and add 3 teaspoons of gram flour to it.
- Mix well to form a thick
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Apply the face mask and leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
#15 Gram Flour and Olive Oil
Vitamin E and K exhibits antioxidant properties that thwart free radicals. Assorted vitamins and minerals housed in olive oil help to improve your skin complexion.
- Mix required an amount of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of gram flour to obtain a thick
- Cleanse your face and pat dry.
- Apply this face mask evenly and rinse it off with water after 15-20 minutes.
- Excess use of lemon juice can make your skin sensitive towards sunlight.
- Apply moisturizer after this face mask treatment.
- Ingredients that you’re allergic must be avoided.
- Patch test before applying the face pack on your skin.
- Wear sunscreen before going out.
- Avoid stress, as it results in skin ailments.
- Avoid spending long hours before computer screens.
- Enrich your skin internally by consuming vitamin rich diet.
- Drink enough water to hydrate your skin from the inside.
Gram flour for skin whitening works when you regularly use it. You’re free to add another natural ingredient, as far as you’re not allergic to that ingredient.