Your skin doesn’t only work as an excellent defense mechanism; it also keeps our body in better shape and provides much-needed texture. As it is exposed to different types of external environment and stimuli, it is always at risk of getting suffered from different kinds of disorders and cosmetic issues.
Dark upper lip skin discoloration is one among them. Though this disorder will not trigger major ailment, it’s a cosmetic concern that everyone wants to get rid of it.
Who don’t have the zeal to have a clean and toned skin, and when we talk about face, it is always important to take proper care of it. Your face is undoubtedly one of the most critical parts of your body, and it makes a considerable role to determine your overall personality.
If there is even a little abnormality on your face, you might suffer from low confidence. After all, your attitude is one of the most significant assets in your personality, and if you have a clean and toned face, your personality can become very attractive and effective. There are plenty of skin and face related problems people are facing and trying to find proper solutions
This write-up is going to tell you about the dark shadow on the upper lip of women, sometimes dark skin on upper lip looks like a mustache and is also known as “Female Mustache.”
This is a type of skin blemish, and in most of the cases, it is a temporary skin problem. It is very annoying for females, and it is imperative to take some measured steps to get rid of it. Here, we are going to talk about the causes of mustache shadow and how to get rid of it.
We will also try to discuss some very successful home remedies and how to use them to remove the darkness of the upper lip. At the end of this article, we will highlight some handy tips to prevent mustache shadow. Let’s start with possible causes of dark upper lip skin discoloration.
What Causes Mustache Shadow?
There is no particular proven cause of girl or woman mustache shadow. There might be different reasons for different people. According to health experts and dermatologists, there are various possible factors might be responsible for imperfect skin tone above the upper lip.
- Overexposure to the sun is one of the most common causes of the female mustache. When you are out under the sun for a longer time, your skin is always under threat to develop different types of abnormalities.
- There are high chances that your skin can get hyper-pigmented which is responsible for most of the abnormal skin conditions.
- Hormonal imbalance at the time of puberty, pregnancy, and vitamin E deficiency is another common cause of the dark upper lip. Age of youth is a critical phase of your life.
- If there is any problem in your hormone at the time of puberty, you might suffer from the darkness of different parts of the body including the upper part of the lip.
- Different types of skin allergies are also responsible for melasma or dark patches over the upper lip. A lot of people have allergies of different kinds of allergens and other particles.
- If you have allergy with any allergic particle like smoke, pollen grains, or dust, you have higher chances of getting affected with skin darkness.
- Oral contraceptives, creams containing tar derivatives, and hyperpigmentation of face are some of the other reasons for a female mustache shadow.
- Oral contraceptives might be very helpful at times, but they have their side effects as well. If you are using oral contraceptives regularly, there are chances of hormonal imbalance and hence different skin problems including the female mustache.
- Using creams that have tar derivatives or any other chemical might be another cause of darkened upper lip.
How to Get Rid of Dark Upper Lip Female Mustache Shadow?
The skin around your lips is very soft and sensitive. So, excessive waxing or plucking isn’t a good idea at all. These types of practices are only going to harm your skin badly.
Going the natural ways is the best option for you if you want to remove the darkness of your upper lip without any side effects. Here are some beneficial home remedies along with directions to use them to get rid of upper lip darkness.
Lemon is one of the most beneficial home remedies for all types of skin related problems. Its excellent bleaching properties are going to be very handy to remove darkness from the upper lip
- Take one large lemon or two small-sized lemons and squeeze in half glass of lukewarm water.
- Apply gently on the upper lip at bed time and leave for whole night,
- Wash your face with fresh water and pat dry.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer on the skin.
- Keep repeating the process consistently at bed time.
#2 Homemade Mask for Mustache Shadow
All the three ingredients used in this mask are excellent for skin. Applying ACV on the skin is very beneficial in most of the abnormal skin conditions. Cucumber is known for keeping the skin hydrated while rose water is a great skin moisturizer. This homemade mask is going to be very effective to reduce the darkness of upper lip.
- 5 ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cucumber slices
- 5 ml Rose Water
- Crush 3 slices of cucumber and squeeze the juice.
- Add 5 ml rose water and 5 ml ACV into it.
- Mix all the ingredients properly to prepare a fine paste.
- Use cotton plug to apply the paste on the dark upper lip before going to bed.
- Keep it on till morning and then wash off with fresh water.
- Repeat the process thrice in a week to have a bright and clean upper lip skin.
#3 Orange Juice
Like all the citrus fruits, orange is very effective in most of the skin related problems as well. There are plenty of health benefits of drinking orange juice, but it is very beneficial for skin as well. Acidic properties of orange juice makes it an excellent skin bleach and it is surely going to help in removing dark upper lip shadow.
- Take 4-5 pieces of orange and squeeze juice.
- Add 2 tbsp. ACV and mix properly.
- Apply on the upper lip using a cotton plug.
- Leave for 4-5 hours and wash off with fresh water.
- Keep repeating twice or thrice a week until you get rid of mustache shadow.
#4 Fresh and Pure Honey
Honey is very good for maintaining overall health and it is an excellent home remedy for all types of skin related problems as well due to plenty of antioxidants in it. Using honey is another very good option to reduce the darkness of upper lip especially if your skin is very sensitive.
- Take 2 tbsp. pure honey
- Add 2 drops of lukewarm water and mix well
- Apply on the upper lip and leave for 2 hours.
- Wash with lukewarm water and pat dry using soft cloth.
- Apply gentle moisturizer.
- Keep repeating the process thrice a week for 3 months.
#5 Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a wonderful as well as affordable oil for all types of skin related problems. It doesn’t only have some amazing antifungal and antibacterial properties, it is capable of maintaining skin tonicity as well. Applying it regularly will be very good to reduce female mustache shadow.
- Add ½ tbsp. rosemary oil to 2 tbsp. coconut oil.
- Mix both oils together and apply on the dark upper lip.
- Keep it on for 3-4 hours.
- Wash off with fresh water and pat dry.
- Use coconut oil for dark upper lip on regular basis.
#6 Baking Soda
Sodium Bicarbonate is an excellent bleach and is very handy for skin lightening. There are numerous skin benefits of baking soda. In addition to being a wonderful skin exfoliator, it is very effective to maintain the overall skin health as well.
- There are plenty of different handy ways to use baking soda for skin darkness
- Mix 2 tbsp. baking soda in 4 tbsp. water.
- Mix well until it become a fine paste.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a cotton plug and soak it properly in the paste.
- Apply gently on the lip and leave for an hour
- Use lukewarm water to wash the lip
- Repeat the recipe for 3-4 times a week.
Banana is very good at improving natural skin color due to large amount of potassium and vitamin E and C in it. You can use banana on regular basis for having toned and light upper lip.
- Mash one banana and add 1 tbsp. glycerin in it.
- Mix thoroughly and make a fine paste.
- Apply gently on the upper lip.
- Keep it on for 3 to 4 hours and wash with lukewarm water.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer.
- Repeat the process on alternate days for 1 month.
#8 Castor Oil
If you are still thinking how to lighten upper lip skin fast, castor oil might be a wonderful option for you. Castor oil contains plenty of fatty acid that is capable of maintaining the tonicity of the skin. It is going to work quickly on your dark upper lip.
- Take 4-5 drops of castor oil in your palm.
- Apply gently on the upper lip with the help of your finger or cotton plug.
- Leave it for 5-6 hours.
- Try keep water away from the upper lip for 5-6 hours.
- You don’t need to wash your lip.
Yogurt is an excellent home remedy for any problem related to skin it is very good for improving skin color as well as tonicity. Yogurt might be proved very good for removing upper lip darkness as well.
- Take 3 to 4 tbsp. fresh yogurt and add 2-3 drops of lemon juice.
- Mix properly and apply gently on the dark lip.
- Leave for 2 hours and wash off with fresh water.
- Keep repeating the process three time a week for 3 months.
#10 Rose Water
Rose water is an excellent remedy for having glowing and clean skin. It is a common solution to a lot of related problems including dermatitis, acne, pimples, and blemishes. Its regular application can be very handy to reduce the darkness from your upper lip.
- Apply rose water regularly on your lip or any part of the skin with dark patches.
#11 Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of the best oils for maintaining overall health to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, exfoliating, antioxidant, and moisturizing effects. Its regular application on the upper lip should be very beneficial to reduce darkness and to get the tonicity and brightness back.
- Mix 4 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. coconut oil together.
- Dip coconut plug and apply on the upper lip.
- Leave for 2 hours and then wash off with fresh water.
- Repeat the process daily for 1 month.
#12 Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is not less than a blessing from the nature. ? It is one of the best natural remedies for all skin problems. There is more than enough mucilaginous polysaccharides in Aloe Vera gel and is capable of alleviating hyperpigmentation and hence improving your lip’s natural color.
- Cut a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Extract the fresh gel and keep aside in a bowl.
- Gently apply on your lip and message for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it on the lips for 3 hours and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Follow the process daily for 1 to 1½ month(s).
Horseradish is very beneficial for curing plenty of different skin problems. It has the capacity to cure any type of skin discolorations, scars, and blemishes. It can be an excellent option for removing female mustaches as well.
- Break a dried horseradish into small pieces.
- Make a fine powder of small horseradish pieces.
- Mix 2 tbsp. horseradish with 1 tbsp. yogurt.
- Mix well to make a fine paste.
- Apply on the dark upper lip and leave for half an hour.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week.
Papaya is one of the best fruits for achieving a good overall health. It is also very good for skin. Papaya is used in different types of skin related products particularly in fruit facial masks. Papain is the active of papaya and is a wonderful exfoliant and is capable of removing darkness from any part of the body skin.
- Mash a few pieces of papaya and prepare a fine paste.
- Add 2 tbsp. honey to and mix well.
- Apply the paste on upper lip and leave for 2 hours
- -Then wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Follow the process thrice in a week for 2 months for better results.
Important Tips to Lighten Upper Lips Skin
Mustache shadow is not something very serious or harmful for you skin or overall health. It is an indication of some abnormalities in your body like hormonal imbalance or lack of vitamin E.
We have discussed some very effective home remedies and their recipes to get rid of mustache shadow. Prevention is always better than cure.
Here are some important tips to prevent mustache like darkness of upper lip. You can follow this simple tips to keep the female mustache away.
- Have a healthy food. Take food items that are rich in vitamin E.
- Avoid junk food as much as possible.
- Keep unknown skin products away from your beauty kit.
- Don’t use harsh chemical products on your skin.
- If you are a lipstick user, try to go for branded and gentle lipstick.
- Don’t have excessive plucking or waxing of upper lip.
- Keep doing the physical exercises for maintaining overall health as well as tonicity of your skin.
- Eat fruits like papaya and banana on regular basis.
- Drink enough water and other fluids every day.
- Use mild and gentle cream after consulting your dermatologist
Darkness on the upper part of the lip is not something strange in women. There is nothing serious related to this type of skin blemish. If you are annoyed with dark upper lip skin discoloration, you can follow any of the recipe discussed above.
All the listed home remedies are very beneficial in case of female mustaches. You can easily get rid of the darkness within a few weeks. If you want to keep this annoying skin problem at bay, we have discussed some important tips to prevent it as well.
By following this tips, you can make it very easy to keep your overall skin including lips light and toned. Skin is one of the most sensitive parts of the body, hence it is very important to take proper care of your skin. If it is only about female mustaches, this article should be very beneficial for you.