Few sleepless nights can ruin your appearance. But, just by having good sleep will not remove dark circles completely. People use home remedies to get back their alluring appearance, avocado oil for dark circles is one such try.
The joy of having a glimpse of yourself in the mirror vanishes when you spot dark circles under eyes. With increase in technology and impurities around us, it’s very common to have dark circles these days.
Stress, sleepless nights, hyper pigmentation, dryness, too much exposure to sun light and computer screen, liver diseases, unhealthy diet and seasonal allergies are mere causes of these patches. Apart from this, hereditary and aging can turn the skin under your eyes dark.
How Do Dark Circles Appear Under Eyes
As mentioned there are main factors that may lead to this cosmetic issue. But, experts hold genetics to be the main culprit. Your inherited thin skin around the eyes dries quickly and lower blood circulation under eyes makes it look dark.
Your skin becomes thin as you age, thus veins under the skin can be seen clearly. Excess exposure to sunlight and TV screens mottle skin color. Another reason can be seasonal allergies. Allergic reaction releases histamines to fight irritants, which resulting in swelling of blood vessels.
How to Use Avocado Oil for Dark Circles
Avocado oil is in dark green (unrefined) or yellow pale (refined) color and has nutty smell. Prominently it is used for culinary and medical purposes. Excellent property of this oil is that it gets quickly absorbed by skin.
- Fatty acids, vitamin A, C, D and E can hydrate your dry skin under eyes. Nutrients in this oil help to enhance elasticity of your skin and stimulate blood circulation around the eyes.
- Carotenoids housed in this oil fight age related degeneration and protects your skin under eyes from wrinkles.
- Anti-aging property in avocado oil helps to fade wrinkles and fine lines over the face.
- Vitamins like C and B complex helps to lighten dark spots and give you a lightening skin.
- It rejuvenates your skin and makes the texture smooth and supple.
- Moisturizing activity of avocado oil helps to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Increasing pollution and impurities that get accumulated over the face can be cleansed by using avocado face mask or oil.
- Internal consumption will improve digestion and reduce cholesterol level.
- Antioxidant agents packed in this fruit will help to restrain free radicals.
- Mono-saturated fatty acids like oleic acid can make your skin moisturized and smooth.
Apart from applying it topically under eyes, you can include this healthiest fruit to your diet for better skin.
Method – 1
Slice avocado and place them over your eyes. Press them so that nutrients in the fruit get in contact with the skin under eyes. Let it be for 20-25 minutes. Do this regularly to see positive changes.
You can mash the avocado and add any essential oil to make paste. Apply the mask over dark circles regularly for about 4-6 weeks.
Method – 2
One of the simplest methods is to topically apply this oil under eyes. But, make sure that oil doesn’t get into eyes. I recommend washing your face before using any home remedy, because impurities may interrupt the affect of avocado nutrients.
Method – 3
Mash sliced avocado into paste. Add olive oil or almond oil to it; apply it over prewashed face and under eyes.
After 15-20 minutes rinse your face with lukewarm water and optionally apply natural moisturizer.
Note: If you’re sensitive to avocado, then stop using it.
- Along with avocado oil, you must change your diet and lifestyle.
- Avoid prolonged exposure of sunlight and computer screen.
- Wear sunscreen cream before going out.
- Have a good sleep.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Cleanse your face and skin under eyes regularly with natural exfoliators.
Avocado oil alone can’t help you to get rid of dark circles. Change your lifestyle to see its effect.