Are you troubled of those small white patches on your skin that are too stubborn to disappear? Or maybe you are trying to ignore them. But you shouldn’t panic either. It happens due to idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis, in common terms; it is called as white freckles.
The obvious question which can arise in your mind is how to get rid of white patches on the skin? But before that, it is mandatory to know what its causes are.
There are many reasons for its cause and melanin deficiency is prominent of those. The pigment that forms cells usually called as melanocytes can be destroyed. It can often be the sign of a disease too.
It can affect the entire body, even your inside-mouth. The extent of color loss from your skin is highly unpredictable. Many diseases like eczema, tinea versicolor, psoriasis, and vitiligo can become causes of white patches on the skin.
And this is the reason why you mustn’t ignore it, you may have a dangerous disease and you wouldn’t even find out until it’s too late.
What Causes White Patches on the Skin?
1. Lichen Sclerosus
This is a rare disease that causes thin white patches to appear on the skin. Even though it can affect children and men, Lichen sclerosus is most common for the women who went through the condition of menopause. It usually affects the sensitive part such as genitals. There is no present cure for this condition.
It is a skin disorder caused due to the inflammation of white cells in the blood. The cells multiply on the surface that causes itchy and scaly plaque. There are many ways that can cause this condition such as, smoking, vitamin D deficiency, stress, alcohol, etc. treatment can be done by the use of certain ointments or creams with systematic drug usage.
3. Tinea Versicolor
When a certain yeast, pityrosporum ovale, which is naturally found on the surface of the skin, starts to grow out of control, the condition tinea versicolor occurs. It changes the pigmentation of the skin.
You can see white patches on the skin due to this disease. There are a variety of factors involved in its occurrences such as oily skin, hormonal changes, hot weather, weak immune system, excessive perspiration etc. this usually happens in adulthood and adolescents.
4. Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis
Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis skin disorder causes 1 – 10 mm white and flat spots to appear on arms, face, upper back and thighs. It is most common for individuals with fair skin. The exact cause of this condition is still not known, but it starts occurring in the people above the age of 40.
Many times harsh sunrays kill the skin cells known as a melanocyte. There is usually no need for any treatment but sun protection methods should be certainly used.
This condition causes white patches to appear on the skin. This happens when a melanin-producing cell stops doing its work for some reason. It’s still not known why this happens, but often it’s considered to be a disease which is autoimmune.
There are no age and bodily boundaries for this condition. It can also possible for the white patches to spread all over the body. In many cases, this condition happens in the early ages of one’s life. It can even be genetic.
You will often have quick pigment loss. The white patches may get bigger in size after a while. You can even have the cycles of stability of pigment and its loss.
How to Get Rid of White Patches on Skin – Natural Remedies?
#1 Mustard Oil and Turmeric
Turmeric is said to be antibacterial which heals the skin. It is antimicrobial agent and disinfectant and also is the answer to the common question asked such as ‘how to get rid of white patches on skin fast?’ The mustard oil moisturizes the dry skin and fights bacteria and fungus.
Let’s see how to use this method and get rid of skin patches.
- Take a container filled with 8 kg water and put 500 gm of turmeric in it. Let it soak overnight.
- Next morning reduce the mixture till it becomes 1 kg of water by heating it.
- Add mustard oil to it after straining the water out and heat it again.
- Let the remaining water evaporate.
- Thereafter, only turmeric mixture and mustard oil will be left.
- Apply this mixture to the white patches daily for lasting results.
#2. Apple Cider Vinegar
This method has been used since centuries for skin problems. It contains several acids such as alpha hydroxyl that reveals vibrant and glowing skin and removes dead skin cells. It’s a good option if you have spots on your neck, arms or face.
How to get rid of white spots on neck using apple cider vinegar? Let’s find it out below.
- Mix apple cider vinegar in water in a ratio of 2:1.
- Apply it on your white patches at periodic intervals all day.
- You can also add few drops of ACV in your warm bathtub and let your body soak the mixture in for 15 minutes.
- You can even drink the mixture daily for good results.
#3. Neem Leaves
Neem is usually used as a treatment for skin problems and is a good option for autoimmune disorders. A study showed that even 4g of neem powder, oil or paste can cure the patient within 90 days.
- Take some dried neem leaves, fruits, and flowers and crunch it in powder.
- Mix a teaspoon of the above powder in a glass of water and drink it every day.
You can also make a paste of fresh neem leaves by adding little water to it. Apply it to the white patches and wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
#4. Holy Base Oil
It’s an anti-fungal element that acts on killing fungus and bacteria from the body. It even acts on the discoloration of the skin.
- Take 1 teaspoon of holy basil oil and add the same amount of coconut oil to it.
- Apply it daily on the white patches for quicker benefits.
#5. Herbal Face Mask for White Patches on Nose
You’ll know how to get rid of white patches on nose, neck, arms, legs, or face just by knowing the basic ingredients behind the masks. Regular use of these masks can give you radiant skin and bright color.
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric, mustard oil and cabbage juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Whip the mixture until it becomes a paste.
- Apply it to the white patches and rest it for 20 minutes.
- Use this daily for good results.
#6. Vinegar and Black Pepper Powder
Vinegar is good for skin if it’s been used every day. Your white patches will be cured and you will get the bright and radiant skin.
- Take vinegar in a small amount and add pepper powder to it.
- Mix it well and let it form a paste.
- Use this on the white patches daily for long-lasting results.
#7. Aloe Vera for White Spots on Face
The healing properties of Aloe Vera help the skin in the removal of white spots and it keeps the skin in the hydrated situation.
- Open the Aloe Vera leaf and extract its gel.
- Apply it on your skin and let it rest for few hours.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times daily for good results.
#8. Frankincense Essential Oils
It is used as ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various skin problems like Eczema or vitiligo. It increases the production of melanin under the skin that can reduce the white patches.
- Take few drops of essential oil and one tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Mix them well.
- Apply and massage the oils in the affected area.
- Leave it for few minutes and use this daily.
#9. Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot essential oil acts as a natural photosensitizer as it is prone to increase skin sensitivity to the UV rays. It reproduces melanin and reduces the white spots on your skin.
- Add few drops of the essential oil in a skin cream.
- Mix them well.
- Apply it to the white patches.
- Use this twice a day.
#10. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil darkens the white spots on the skin using its good properties like anti-inflammation and immune stimulation.
- Add few drops of this oil in one tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Mix them well.
- Apply it on the white patches using a cotton ball.
- Use it thrice a day.
Ginger is a powerful herbal medicine that increases the circulation of blood. Its anti-inflammatory property makes it powerful to restore your skin health. After using this remedy, you don’t have to think about how to get rid of white patches on lips, face, neck, arms, legs, or legs.
- Take the ginger juice and apply it on the white patches.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with water.
You can even drink a tablespoon of ginger juice by adding lemon juice in it.
#12. Ginkgo Biloba Extract
The Gingko Biloba herb slows the growth of white patches on the skin and does the pigmentation of your affected area.
Want to know how to get rid of white patches on skin using this herbal medicine? Let’s find out below.
- Take ginkgo biloba extract supplement in a bowl.
- Apply it on the white patches twice a day.
- Use this method for 10 to 12 weeks.
#13. Cucumber and Celery Green Juice
Celery is known to cure white spots on the face. It fights off the disease by the using psoralens, which helps the skin in reacting to the heated sun rays properly.
- Take 1 cucumber, 2 to 3 kale leaves, half apple, half lemon juice, 5 celery stalks and blend them.
- Drink two glasses every day.
#14. Olive oil, Beeswax, and Honey
The mixture is effective for the cure of white patches on the skin. It is known to give long-lasting results.
- Blend the olive oil, honey, and beeswax in an equal measure and blend them well.
- Drink it daily for best results.
#15. Radish Seeds
This remedy produces the missing melanin under the skin and removes white patches.
- Take 25g of radish seed powder and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar in it.
- Mix it till the paste is formed.
- Use it on your white patches till it dries and then wash it away.
#16. Vitamin E Oil
It rejuvenates the skin and recovers it from infections such as vitiligo. It helps your skin to be hydrated and prevents further occurrences of itch and irritation.
- Take pure vitamin E oil and apply it to the skin area that is affected.
- Let your skin absorb the vitamin for 30 minutes.
- Make sure to use it at periodic intervals the entire day.
It helps in generating pigments and protects the skin from sun rays.
- Take some carrots and blend it well.
- Take the fresh carrot juice in a glass and drink it daily.
- Do this for 5 to 6 weeks.
#18. Drink the Green Tea
It helps in removal of the white spots and makes your skin bright.
- Take the green tea bag and brew it in the hot water.
- Let it cool down and apply it to your skin.
- Let it rest for few minutes and wash your face.
#19. Have Ginger and Beetroot
This mixture helps in fighting off the white patches by reducing them from your skin.
- Blend 1 inch of ginger and 2 to 3 beetroots.
- After straining the mixture drink it.
Just like beetroot and carrot, it helps you to revive melanin and get the natural glow back.
- Take a papaya piece and rub it on your white spots.
- You can keep it as a layer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
How to Stop Vitiligo from Spreading?
There are multiple ways by which you can stop it from spreading further on your skin. Ayurveda recommends avoiding non-vegetarian foodstuffs while you have this condition. You should also avoid having a deficiency of D3 and B12 vitamins.
Make sure to check if the water in the swimming pool is clean since white patches on your skin can spread further.
You should avoid using homeopathy treatment to treat Vitiligo as it comes with high risk of triggering the disease. Ultimately it’s up to you to control this disease by changing food habits and diet plans.
Tips to Get Rid of White Spots
- Use artificial phototherapy, it increases the potency of melanocytes cell.
- Avoid using soap on your face and prefer homemade face cleansers.
- Consult a dermatologist and use medicine prescribed by him.
- Make sure to keep your face clean.
- Don’t let your skin be exposed to the sunlight for a long time.
Wondering how to get rid of white patches on skin? You could try different remedies mentioned above at home to have your spotless skin. Wash your face five times a day with water to attain glowing skin.