Everyone wants to have a beautiful and attractive body. There are different aspects of your body structure like body weight, body shape, height, skin color and texture responsible for defining your personality.
Skin is one of the most important parts of your body without which, you couldn’t even imagine the existence of human’s body. Along with benefits, we also have few disorders that accompany skin. Blackheads is one among them. Stay tuned to acknowledge yourself with benefits of egg white for blackheads.
Being the outermost part of your body, skin is always at risk of getting affected by different problems and diseases. Even a little problem with your skin can reduce its beauty and can be an annoying factor for your personality.
In this article, we are going to discuss a very common and harmless skin condition- blackhead. Small bumps called blackheads to appear on your skin due to clogged hair follicles. In general, blackheads are supposed as the mild type of acne that usually appear on the face, especially nose. But these bumps can appear on other parts of the body like chest, arms, back, shoulders and neck.
Treating blackheads is not easy at all, but some natural remedies are beneficial to reduce its effects. We will try to address all about egg white and blackheads under different headings like causes of blackheads, why egg white is useful in case of blackheads, how we can use egg white differently and uniquely to get rid of blackheads and of course, some handy tips to avoid blackheads. So, let’s start with the causes.
What Causes of Blackheads?
Development of clogs or plugs on the skin causes the blackheads. These clogs or plugs may develop in the opening of hair follicles. There is a sebaceous gland present in each hair follicle which produces oil called sebum. Sebum is responsible for keeping your skin soft and smooth.
Due to different reasons, dead skin cells and oils may collect in the openings of skin follicles- which can produce a bump known as comedo. There are two types of bumps- open and closed.
If the bump is closed, it is called whitehead, and if the bump opens up, it is termed as “blackhead”. Different factors like the production of excessive oil, hormonal changes, taking drugs like lithium, androgens, corticosteroids etc. can trigger the death of skin cells and hence can cause blackheads.
Can Egg White Remove Blackheads?
Egg white can be proved very handy to remove blackheads thanks to its wonderful skin-friendly properties. There are plenty of different properties of egg white, which make it a great option in case of blackheads. Let’s have a look at some of these properties.
1. Shrinks Large Skin Pores
Astringent properties of egg make it very good to shrink the large pores of the skin. It is very good at repairing the skin. Shrinking the pores is a very smart and effective way to reduce the blackheads. And egg white can do it perfectly.
2. Reduces Oil from Skin
As we have already learnt, excessive oil from the skin can only aid blackheads, controlling the excessive oil production is very important in order to get rid of blackheads. Egg white is very good to control the extra skin oil.
3. Skin Toner
Maintaining the tonicity of your skin can be very easy thanks to the egg white. It is capable of removing dirt, dead cells and excess oil from the skin. By making your skin fresh and clean, it can easily improve the tonicity of your skin.
4. Removes Facial Hair
Facial hair can be very annoying especially for women. Sticky nature of the egg white is very good at removing the facial hair. Egg white face mask peel off has been proved very helpful to get rid of facial hair in very quick time.
5. Reduces Wrinkles
Pre-mature wrinkles are undoubtedly a matter of concern. Application of only egg white cab be very successful to reduce wrinkles from your face.
6. Moisturizes Skin
Dryness of skin is one of the primary causes of plenty of unhealthy skin conditions. Egg white is not only capable of removing excessive oil from skin, it can also reduce the skin dryness and can work as a great moisturizer.
7. Stops Aging
Using egg white face mask can provide plenty of benefits to your face skin. It is a wonderful remedy for aging for all types of skin.
8. Reduces Skin Darkness
If you’ve tried different ingredients for achieving light and clean skin and getting no desired results, you should use egg white. You will be able to get rid of darkness of your skin in very quick time.
Also read: How to Use Cinnamon for Blackheads?
How to Use Egg White for Blackheads?
You can use egg white in different ways and with different ingredients in order to get most of it. There are plenty of skin-friendly ingredients that can be used with egg white. Let’s go through some very effective egg white recipes for blackheads.
You might have seen many before and after images of blackhead removal. If you’d like to have similar results, then stick with any of the recipe mentioned below.
#1 Egg White and Lemon Face Mask
Benefits: There are loads of skin benefits of lemon juice, and using it with egg white is undoubtedly one of the best ways to maximize the chances of getting rid of blackheads. Thanks to vitamin-C, lemon juice is capable of improving your immune system and overall health. It is excellent to reduce the darkness of skin as well.
- Take two egg whites and a tbsp. lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Whisk them together very well.
- Clean your face and apply the mask avoiding your eyes and lips.
- Cover your face with a couple of tissue papers and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wait until it gets dried and then peel off with the tissue.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply a gentle moisturizer.
- Keep repeating this process once or twice in a week.
#2 Egg White and Honey
Benefits: Thanks to rich amount of anti-oxidants, honey is one of the most effective natural remedies for most of the skin conditions. The antibacterial property of honey is very good to keep the skin infections away. Honey is also capable of maintaining the smoothness of your skin.
- Take two egg whites and beat until it gets frothy.
- Add 2 tbsp. honey and mix again properly.
- Clean and dry your face properly and apply the mask avoiding your lips and eyes.
- Leave for half an hour and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- You can use a scrubber for removing face mask easily.
- Follow the procedure for at least 2 months.
#3 Egg White with Baking Soda
Benefits: Baking soda itself is a wonderful ingredient to remove blackheads. Thanks to its excellent bleaching properties, it can be used for getting rid of blackheads in very quick time. Using it with egg white is going to give you some excellent results.
- Take 3 egg whites and beat properly to make sure it gets frothy.
- Add 2 tbsp. baking soda and mix well using a spoon.
- It will be not so easy to mix both egg white and baking soda.
- After mixing well, apply on the affected parts and leave for 1 hour.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Keep following the procedure twice a week for 2 ½ to 3 months.
#4 Egg White with Coconut Oil
Benefits: Coconut oil can work in both ways. If you are annoyed with the dryness of your skin, it can work as a wonderful skin moisturizer. And if you are looking to control excessive oil of your skin, it can be very helpful in this condition as well. Antibacterial and antifungal properties of coconut oil make it one of the best and cheapest oils for skin and can combat any skin condition including blackheads.
- Beat 2 egg whites properly and add 2 tbsp. coconut oil.
- Mix both the ingredients well and apply on affected area(s).
- Keep it on for 1 hour and then wash off with fresh water.
- Use a gentle moisturizer after washing your skin.
- Repeat the process thrice a week for 2 months.
#5 Egg White Face Mask for Blackheads
Benefits: When it comes to maintaining the skin tonicity, nothing can be as effective as white vinegar. Being a natural astringent, it is capable of soothing any type of skin. By getting rid of excessive oil from skin layers, it can be proved very handy to reduce blackheads.
- Take 3 egg whites and add 2 tbsp. white vinegar.
- Mix both ingredients properly and apply on blackheads.
- Leave for half an hour and wash off with clean water.
- Use a mild skin moisturizer.
- Keep repeating it regularly for 2- 2½ months.
#6 Egg White with Milk Powder
Benefits: Milk powder is one of the best skin cleanser. If you want to maintain your skin glow, nothing can be as effective as milk powder. It contains large number of vitamins and minerals. Lactic acid of milk is very good to maintain the smoothness of the skin.
- Take 3 egg whites and beat to make enough frothy.
- Add half cup milk powder and mix thoroughly.
- You can add a little water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Apply on the areas affected with blackheads.
- Leave for 1 hour and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Make a separate paste of only milk powder and use it as a mild moisturizer.
#7 Egg White with Castor Oil
Benefits: Presence of plenty of fatty acids and its capacity to penetrate through the skin makes castor oil very effective to reduce blackheads. It can easily penetrate through the skin layers and control the excessive sebum production and can repair skin from inside.
- Take 2 egg whites, half cup of castor oil and mix properly.
- Apply on the blackheads and leave for 3 hours.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and apply a mild moisturizer.
- Repeat the procedure for at least two months.
#8 Egg White with Olive Oil
Benefits: Olive oil is full of health benefits and when it comes to skin, plenty of different benefits make it one of the best oils for skin. Its antibacterial and exfoliating properties make it stand out to get rid of blackheads.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil and 1 egg white together.
- Mix both the ingredients properly.
- Apply on the blackheads and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with clean water and pat dry.
- Follow the process twice a week for 2½ to 3 months.
#9 Egg White with Apple Cider Vinegar
Benefits: In order to get rid of blackheads, it is very important to remove dead cells from the skin layers. Thanks to the presence of alpha hydroxy acids, ACV is very good at removing the dead cells from skin. Its constant use on the skin can help you to get a new, vibrant and healthy skin.
- Beat 3 egg whites and add half cup concentrated ACV.
- Mix thoroughly and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, apply properly on your face.
- Cover with tissue paper and leave for half an hour.
- Peel off the mask along with tissue paper using a gentle scrubber.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and apply a gentle moisturizer.
- You can add this method to your beauty mantra and can use it constantly twice a week.
#10 Egg White with Rose Water
Benefits: Rose water is very good at controlling the inflammation of the skin. Blackheads can cause the darkness and hardness of the skin and rose water is capable of making your skin light and clean. Using it with egg white is a wonderful idea.
- Take 2 egg whites and add 2 tbsp. rose water to it.
- Mix both the ingredients properly and apply on the affected area(s).
- Keep it on for 20-30 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
- Pat dry and use rose water as a moisturizer.
- Using rose water constantly is very good for your skin.
#11 Egg White with Orange Juice
Benefits: Maintaining the p H level of skin can be very easy with lemon juice. It is very good to control the production of collagen thanks to the presence of vitamin-C. Exfoliating and cleansing properties of orange can be very effective in case of blackheads.
- Squeeze the juice of half orange and add it to two egg whites.
- Mix thoroughly until you get a frothy mixture.
- Take a soft makeup brush and use it for applying on your face.
- Keep the face mask on for half an hour and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Keep doing the same once in two days for 2 months.
#12 Egg White and Cucumber Face Mask
Benefits: Caffeic acid and vitamin-C make cucumber one of the best vegie for skin. If you want to keep your skin hydrated, nothing can be better than cucumber. It can reduce any type of skin inflammation and can be very helpful to get rid of blackheads.
- Take 3-4 thin slices of cucumber and mash until you get a slightly thick structure.
- No need to squeeze the juice of cucumber.
- Add 2 egg whites to beaten cucumber and mix well.
- Cut some more thin and round slices of cucumber and keep aside.
- Apply the mixture on your face, Put the round cucumber slices on it.
- Cover with a soft cotton cloth and leave for half an hour.
- Remove cucumber slices and wash off with lukewarm water.
- You can follow this process once in a week for better results.
Egg White and Tissue Paper Mask
This simple recipe need toilet paper or tissue paper and egg white.
Wash your with water to cleanse impurities and then pat dry using a soft cloth.
- Now, apply egg white evenly all over the affected part of your face.
- Tear tissue paper into small patches and place one such patch on the egg white applied skin.
- Allow it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off the paper mask to remove blackheads off the skin.
You can try this egg white blackhead peel off mask at regularly at home.
Tips To Prevent Blackheads
- Control the excessive skin oil by using a mild scrubber.
- Take enough vegetables and fluids with your diet.
- Wash your face daily with a soft face-wash.
- Don’t rely heavily on junk foods.
- Don’t skip daily exercise or workout.
- Try to make sure your skin is healthy from inside as well as from outside by drinking some healthy fruit and vegetable juices regularly.
- Don’t use harsh chemical products for your skin, it can cause a lot of damage to your skin and might be one of the reasons behind blackheads.
- Try to wear makeup as little as possible because most of the makeup products contain harsh chemical substances.
- Wash your pillow-cover at least twice a week.
- Avoid over-washing your face or skin. Using cleansing agents excessively can also cause the blackheads.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Try to take shower after every tiring and vigorous activities.
- Keep your skin moisturized by using mild moisturizer on a daily basis.
You can share your experience of using egg white blackhead removal recipe in comments.