It was excellent when I started having oats as breakfast. Though I felt hungry before lunch time, it helped me to get rid of drowsiness. We all knew about the health benefits it provides, but very few among us know that oatmeal can enhance healthy functioning of the skin.
Blend it with any natural ingredient and it turns out to be an excellent exfoliator. You now don’t have to shop for price creams. By the end of this post you’ll be gifted with a simple yet effective honey oatmeal face scrub recipe that can efficiently remove impurities off the skin.
Everyone yearns to have an attractive and beautiful skin. But, with increasing pollution and impurities around us it can’t be achieved easily. With the impurities, your skin sheds thousands of dead cells every day. If you don’t try to wipe them off, they will block skin pores and interrupt healthy functioning of the skin.
Things like dark spots, dry skin, blackheads, acne and wrinkles start appearing. Chemical creams promise to remove these impurities in their advertising campaign. But often they fail and may trigger allergic reaction in sensitive people. (source)
Honey and oatmeal face scrub are packed with natural ingredients that can fill your skin with necessary nutrients and vitamins. Excellent thing about this homemade recipe is, it’s inexpensive, has less or zero side-effects and improves overall functioning of your skin.
Benefits of Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub
- Oatmeal exhibits anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to kill free radicals and reduce inflammation over the skin.
- Exfoliating property of oatmeal wipes dead skin cells, moisturizes the skin, and helps to get rid of itching and other minor skin ailments.
- Honey is prominent for its emollient activity. Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties residing in honey helps to thwart infectious bacteria and fade wrinkles. It enhances collagen production and fastens the healing process.
- For acne blemishes I prefer manuka honey, for it is very effective towards P.acnes.
Oatmeal Honey Scrub Recipe
Initially, you must wash your face so that dead skin cells or dry patches over the skin are hydrated. Pat dry with soft cloth and apply the face scrub evenly. Leave it to dry and rinse it off.
- Take two parts of grounded oatmeal (grind using food processor)
- One part of raw honey
- One part of almond oil or olive oil
Blend all the mentioned ingredients in a bowl and apply it over prewashed face. Massage softly so that the impurities can be removed. Remember to be gentle. Let it dry for 10-15 minutes and then massage for the last time before rinsing it off with water.
You increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients if needed. You must repeat this process regularly to have a flawless skin.
The mask must be thick and sticky, if needed you’re free to add distilled water to make it smooth. After treating with this face scrub, it’s good to apply natural moisturizer like olive oil or rosewater over the skin.
Yeah! It looks delicious but don’t lick it. Help us by sharing your views about honey oatmeal face scrub in comments.