I wonder why people opt chemical filled cosmetic creams on their sensitive skin, while there are naturally effective ingredients available in their kitchen. Few innate ingredients smell unpleasant and sticky, but when used topically they enhance healthy functioning of the skin.
Mandarin oil is an affordable essential oil that can effectively lighten the appearance of vertical streaks on your skin. This oil is extracted from the fruit commonly known as tangerine. Chinese traditional and modern medicines use mandarin oil for stretch marks.
When you gain or lose weight your skin stretches accordingly. But this extreme stretch tears inner layers of the skin leaving pink or red lines over outer layer of your skin. Though they are not associated with any serious health issue, people want to get rid of them out of cosmetic concern.
Unfortunately, you can’t treat stretch marks completely. However, topical application of essential oils can fade these annoying lines and give you a scar free skin.
- Because of its healing properties, mandarin oil has significant use in aromatherapy to treat various health issues include stretch marks.
- Antiseptic activity of mandarin oil restrains bacterial infection on your skin.
- You can internal use mandarin oil blended with other citrus oils. Assorted properties in this oil improve blood circulation and this rejuvenates the skin.
- Vitamins and minerals residing in this oil strengthen your immune system and stimulate fast healing.
How to Use Mandarin Oil for Stretch Marks?
Unlike cosmetic creams innate ingredients penetrate deep into the skin and enhance cell regeneration. If you can successfully improve elasticity of your skin, then you can prevent stretch marks. Anyhow, it’s not easy to repair broken tissue without leaving scars.
As mentioned above, you can lighten the appearance of these streaks and can’t permanently treat stretch marks using any remedy.
To make mandarin oil more effective blend other essential oils like almond oil, lavender oil and rose hip oil. Exceptional nutrients housed in this solution will not only fade stretch marks but improves your skin texture.
- Wash the affected area and pat dry.
- Blend mandarin oil, lavender oil and almond oil in required quantities. (Let say 10 drops each)
- Mix thoroughly and apply it over prewashed skin using cotton ball.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off. You can preserve remaining blended solution for future use.
Along with this home remedy, you’re advised to practice a healthy lifestyle. During early stages of pregnancy apply this solution over your waist and over knees to improve elasticity of the skin. Nutrients in these oils penetrate and enhance skin elasticity.
Note: Pregnant women need to consult their doctor before using any home remedy.