People who love natural remedies extol benefits of white vinegar for skin whitening. Do you really think it improves your skin complexion? Read this article to know.
I know why you’re here, defiantly not to waste time. So let me disclose that you can topically use white vinegar to improve your skin complexion.
Though packed with exceptional nutrients, you can’t expect overnight results. Like other home remedies and cosmetic creams, this inexpensive ingredient takes time but the result last for longer days.
What Causes Dark Patches on My Face?
There isn’t one factor that results in dark patches.
Exposure to sunlight, environmental pollution, skin ailments, genetics, hormonal imbalance in women during pregnancy, allergic reaction, stress, trauma or injury may leave dark or brown patches over the face.
Due to UV rays and genetics, melanin, which is responsible for skin’s color produce more melanocytes at particular spot resulting in a dark spot.
Cleansing and wearing sunscreen will avoid harmful effect of these factors.
Apart from UV rays food you ingest also impact melanin production. Read on this article to reduce melanin by eating.
Due to imbalanced hormones, your skin develops tanned patches on different parts of your body. This skin disorder is common among pregnant women.
After injury or allergic reaction, a scar is left behind that may turn to a dark patch. Skin ailments like acne, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea leave a dark patch on your face.
Also read: How to Use White Vinegar to Treat Acne?
Also known as lentigines, age spots appear as you grow older. A 5 to 20 mm diameter spot can be seen on wrinkled skin.
7 Benefits of White Vinegar for Skin
Depending on the raw material used during distillation process there are different types of vinegar. Here we consider white vinegar. (Source)
It’s a multi-tasking ingredient that has cosmetic and culinary uses. From hundreds of uses, let’s check benefits of white vinegar for skin.
1. Helps to Cleanse Your Skin
Alarming level pollutants and impurities around you gets piled on the skin and trigger various skin ailments.
Repeated application of white vinegar blended with other natural ingredients can cleanse impurities, shed dead cells and kill a bacterial (You can use it to as foot soak.)
2. Tightens Your Skin
Astringent property of this ingredient helps to shrink large skin pores and makes your skin firm.
Topical application of this ingredient will improve blood circulation and helps to minimize pores.
3. Improves Your Skin Complexion
Assorted properties in this recipe help to reduce hyperpigmentation, dark spots and improve skin complexion.
Vitamins in this ingredient reduce excess protection of melanin and help to regulate pH of your skin.
Related: How to Use Coconut Oil to Lighten Skin?
4. Fasten the Healing Process
White vinegar relieves from minor sunburns and enhances the healing process. Minor injuries and skin ailments like acne & eczema can be treated effectively due to its assorted nutrients.
5. Reduce Inflammation
Researchers hold inflammation due to main cause to trigger acne lesions. Fortunately, white vinegar is packed with anti-inflammatory property that can reduce redness and relieve from acne inflammation.
Apart from this, razor inflammation, and other injuries can be healed.
pH of vinegar is identical to pH of your skin. Thus, this helps to maintain a protective layer on your face.
Hydrating your skin is one of the best way to combat skin ailments.
7. Protects Your Skin from UV Rays
Assorted vitamins and minerals residing in white vinegar forms a protective layer on your skin, as mentioned above and blocks harmful UV rays. Thus, avoid hyperpigmentation.
Apart from above mentioned uses, you can use white vinegar to heal bruise and bug bite.
Mix vinegar with water to get rid of skin odor and to use as foot deodorizer.
How to Use White Vinegar for Skin Whitening?
If repeated use of white vinegar irritates your skin, then discontinue its use and consult a physician.
#1 White Vinegar and Water (Easy Recipe)
Let’s start with this simple recipe.
- Before washing your face, add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar into water and splash it over the face.
- Or take equal quantities of white vinegar and water to spread evenly over the face using a cotton ball.
- You can add vinegar to your bath tub to get benefited through its antibacterial and moisturizing properties.
- Wash your face before applying this solution.
- Pat dry and then dip cotton ball into the white vinegar + water solution to improve skin complexion.
#2 White Vinegar and Onion Juice for Skin Lightening
Even water will work, but if you want to get benefited from onion juice, then mix onion juice with vinegar and apply it over prewashed face.
#3 Treat Blackheads
Try this face mask twice or thrice depending on the severity of acne lesions or blackheads.
- Take 3 fresh strawberries and mash in a bowl.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of white vinegar to the mask.
- Let the mixture settle for about 2-3 hours.
- Strain the mixture and collect solution in a bowl.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the white vinegar solution over the skin.
You can also use apple cider vinegar solution. If you ask me my favorite recipe is white vinegar and water mask.
#4 Corn starch and White Vinegar for Skin
Corn starch is renowned to remove impurities and make the skin radiant. It also absorbs excess sebum from your face.
- Take required amount of white vinegar and add 1 tbsp of corn starch to it.
- You can use distilled water to reduce the concentration of the solution.
- Wash your face and then apply the facial mask to obtain whitening skin.
Must read: 20 Best Juice Recipes to Whiten Your Skin
#5 Baking Soda and White Vinegar
Its exfoliant ability helps to wipe dead cells, excess sebum and impurities. Bleaching ability of baking soda helps to lighten scars and stretch marks on your skin.
- Take 1 tsp of baking soda and mix it with 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Dilute the solution by adding some distilled water.
- Now, test on your skin before applying it on the face.
- Use cotton ball to apply the solution on your skin and then leave it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
#6 White Vinegar and Aloe Vera Gel
Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties of aloe gel are prominent. Apart from this, aloe gel can hydrate your skin and lock moisture on your face.
- Take 1 tsp of white vinegar and 2 tsp of aloe gel.
- Mix thoroughly and then apply it on prewashed face.
- Rinse it off with water after 15-20 minutes.
#7 Strawberry and White Vinegar
This delicious fruit can be used to remove impurities, excess sebum and dead skin cells.
- Take 3 fresh strawberries and mash in a bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Wash your face and then apply the mask evenly on your face.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- If you experience allergic reaction with any of these ingredients, then stop using it and consult physician.
- Along with topical application make sure you hydrate your skin from the inside.
- Cosmetic creams that are packed with chemical preservatives can irritate your skin, so avoid it.
- Applying sunscreen and wear a hat while going out in summer.
- Avoid squeezing acne blemishes; this will leave scars on your skin.
Let me know your favorite recipe of white vinegar for skin whitening.