Cellulite is the most common skin disorder in women and men, which is caused due to fat deposits. Tangerine oil for cellulite is an inexpensive yet effective home remedy recommended by many beauty bloggers.
90% of women experience cellulite at some point of her life. Hips and thighs are most common spots where cellulite appears. Also known as adiposis edematosa and dermopanniculosis deformans, cellulite makes your skin look like cottage cheese.
Experts say that hormones, genetics, diet and life-style plays vital role in development of this fat. These factors start pushing the fat through collage fiber and get settled right under the skin. Luckily it’s not accompanied by any serious health ailment. But, it’s a great cosmetic concern for few people.
Over the counter medicines failed to fulfill their claims about treating cellulite and it’s not recommend as chemical ingredients in those creams may irritate your skin.
Natural nutrients and vitamins in tangerine essential oil can help to get rid of cellulite and enhance healthy functioning of the skin. (However, there is no strong scientific evidence to back this claim)
How Tangerine Oil Works for Cellulite?
This essential oil is extracted from the peel of tangerine fruit, which belongs to mandarin orange family. Renowned for its anti-fungal and antiseptic activity, tangerine oil can enhance your skin functioning. It can treat acne, dandruff, hydrate dry skin, dry scalp and other ailments.
- Mercola.com says massaging tangerine oil over the muscles will help to fight cellulite.
- Cytophylactic property in this oil helps to restore damaged tissues and fade scars, including stretch marks and cellulite.
- Its tangy aroma and calming effect reduces stress and promotes healthy sleep.
- Unwanted toxic compounds that may cause cellulite can be excreted through sweat, urine and excretion.
- It aids to speed up metabolism, improve blood circulation and helps to release digestive juice.
- Apart from massaging, you can also use it over minor injuries, wounds and minor burns to fasten healing process.
How to Use Tangerine Oil?
Excellent thing about this essential oil is, you can use it for culinary purpose, bathing and for cleaning house. But, make sure to consult an expert before using it internally.
- First method: To fight cellulite and stretch marks, mix 1-2 drops of tangerine essential oil with 1-2 drops of lavender oil and 1 teaspoon of carrier oil. After mixing thoroughly, apply the oil over affected part.
- Second method: Add one drop of tangerine oil in 5 ml of coconut oil or jojoba oil and massage over cellulite affected area.
- Third method: Mix 5 drops of tangerine oil with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and massage over cellulite for 10 minutes. Let the skin absorb the oil to thwart toxins and improve blood circulation.
- You can apply the oil over minor wounds and injuries to enhance healing and restrain bacterial infection. For internal consumption, add a drop of this essential oil in a glass of clean water and drink.
Avoid sun exposure after applying this essential oil, because ingredients in the oil may trigger allergic reaction if react with sunlight.
Note: Tangerine oil is safe to use during pregnancy to prevent cellulite and stretch marks. However, I recommend you to consult your physician before trying it.
Did you ever use tangerine oil for cellulite?