As you age your skin loses its elasticity. Effective home remedies like mustard oil for skin tightening will help you to obtain alluring face.
India is very close to nature and people here prefer natural ingredients over artificial substances. Mustard oil, which is considered unfit for consumption by countries like USA, Canada and Europe, is used for culinary purposes in India. (1)
Omega – 3 & 6 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamin E and other nutrients in this pungent tasting oil can enhance overall skin texture. You’ll be bowled to know that massaging your hair with mustard oil can make them dark and strong.
Here, I’ll discuss about mustard oil benefits for skin and how it can make your skin firm.
- Regular massaging with mustard oil will stimulate blood circulation and thus improves overall functioning of the health and skin.
- Impurities, dead cells and pollutants piled over the skin can be cleansed by its cleansing activity.
- Anti-fungal and antibacterial properties housed in mustard oil can restrain infectious germs.
- Vitamin E improves elasticity of the skin by enhancing collagen production. It also protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Mustard oil can stimulate sweat glands, thus helps to remove toxins out of the body.
- Fatty acids packed in this yellow essential oil hydrates dry skin and lock the moisture.
- Assorted nutrients reduce pigmentation and fine lines on the face.
- Gentle massaging in this oil relieves from stress because of its essential vitamins.
How to Use Mustard Oil for Skin Tightening?
It’s so simple to apply homemade face masks. Just wash your face initially or cleanse if you can.
Take unrefined mustard oil in left palm and apply on the skin when it’s still damp. Gently massage in circulation motion and leave it to dry.
Beauty experts recommend blending other natural oils with mustard oil to make it more effective.
Lemon juice and mustard oil
Both ingredients can remove dark spots and tan. Mix required amount of gram flour, with mustard oil and add few drops of lemon juice to it.
After mixing thoroughly, apply the mask on prewashed face. Try this simple remedy twice in a week.
Coconut oil and mustard oil for skin tightening
This facial mask will make your skin well hydrated and smooth. Cleanse your face with water and pat dry.
Take required amount of coconut oil and mustard oil in a bowl and mix them. Apply the mask over prewashed face using cotton ball. You can massage gently in circular motion with your clean fingers.
Wear old clothes while apply this face mask, as the oil may leave stains.
Mustard oil and grapeseed oil to tighten the skin
As mentioned, skin develops wrinkles and fine lines as you age. Essential oils are packed with exceptional nutrients that can restore elasticity of the skin and reduce premature aging wrinkles.
- Take ¼ cup of grapeseed oil or sesame oil for oily skin.
- Swirl the bowl by adding 10 drops of mustard oil to it.
- Now massage the skin with the oil regularly.
- Apply heating pad for 20 minutes on the skin or dip towel in hot water, wring until damp and place it on the face.
- After 15 minutes remove the oil using cotton ball.
Note: People who’re hypersensitive to mustard seeds must stay away from this oil.