Most of us know the cycle of scratch and itch, it’s very common. Though you feel relaxed while scratching, you must stop it. Read on to know how to use mustard oil for eczema.
Few years back I was among those people who fight this never ending battle of itching. Not just inflamed rashes and pain, eczema itching ruins your social life. It’s very embarrassing to scratch in office and public places, but you can’t help.
What Triggers Eczema Flare ups?
Unfortunately, real cause of this chronic skin ailment is unknown. Scientist, hold hereditary as mere reason for this ailment.
When you ingest or touch substances that can trigger eczema, itching starts and slowly inflamed flare ups appear.
There is no permanent cure for eczema. You must follow strict diet to avoid eczema, like me. I avoid all those irritants that stimulate itching.
Home remedies are effective and inexpensive way to reduce the ailment. Mustard oil is one among those innate remedies that can do wonders on your skin.
Benefits of Mustard Oil for Eczema
I tried steroid creams, but they strip natural oil from your skin; whereas natural ingredients penetrate deep into the skin and reduce inflammation.
Note: Along with topical application, you must avoid consuming foods that trigger eczema flare ups.
- Moisturizing properties in the oil hydrates dry itchy flare-ups.
- Antibacterial and anti-fungal properties residing in mustard oil restrain bacterial infection.
- Rashes and eczema flare-ups cause pain and inflammation, anti-inflammatory property of this oil reduce inflammation and fasten the healing process.
- Vitamin E housed in the oil protects the skin from harmful UV rays and stimulate collagen production, which improves elasticity of the skin.
- Topical application of mustard oil improves blood circulation and helps to thwart free radicals due to its antioxidant property.
- Hydrating property of the oil will help to get rid of itching.
- Blend it with coconut oil for skin lightening.
Just by hydrating your skin, you can’t get rid of eczema. In my case moisture triggered itching. Remedy which you use must include antibacterial properties that can thwart the infectious bacteria. Mustard oil is naturally packed with all those essential properties.
How to Use Mustard Oil to Get Rid of Eczema?
Immune system in few hypersensitive people may react harshly against some natural ingredients. So, it’s recommended to patch test before applying it over the skin.
- Wash eczema affected area with distilled water.
- Pat dry with soft and clean cloth.
- Take required amount of mustard oil in your clean palm.
- Gently apply it over the skin. Alternatively, you can use cotton ball to apply the oil.
- Leave it to dry naturally.
I personally experienced rigorous itching at night, so I used to apply the mask before going to bed. Also don’t wear tight clothes.
Coconut Oil and Mustard Oil
Take a bowl and blend two oils in equal quantity. Wash the skin as mentioned above and massage over the skin.
You can use it over the face to reduce dark spots and to improve complexion.
Mustard Oil Mask for Eczema
Cosmetic creams are filled with chemicals and preservatives. Avoid them and use this natural homemade face mask.
Take 1 tablespoon of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of mustard oil and few drops of lemon juice. Blend all ingredients and apply over prewashed skin.
After 15-20 minutes, rinse it off with water.
Try this homemade face mask recipe twice in a week.
Along with this listed mustard oil for eczema recipes, you must follow strict diet. Avoid all substances including food and clothes that can trigger eczema.